House: 7x23 "Moving On" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, May 23, 2011.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Good

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Average

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Bad

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Terrible

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I dunno. Stupid shit like that happens all the time in our "justice" system.

Like with another judge when he pointed out his clubbed fingers and implanted the history-of-heart-disease "thought-bomb" in the judge's head, I could easily see him getting out of this with the right level of well-placed manipulation.

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I finally got to watch it on hulu.

Wow. Cuddy did look sorry briefly when House handed her the comb. But the police/ambulance shots was over the top. Also, there was nothing to indicate that Cuddy was seeing someone when House looked in the window. He had to have noticed that her sister was in there. She could have brought over a couple of guys, etc, etc. I think there is more to this reaction by House, like with that POTW.

But again, the writers may not have that in mind....

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Remember, House is a keen observer, on the level of Sherlock Holmes. He could've discerned the attraction between Cuddy and the guy her sister set her up with just by watching their interaction, their body language. Heck, they looked flirtatious to me.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Or he just did the math - two women, two men. Either it splits into couples, or it becomes a threesome with a watcher (photographer?)...and House would know if Cuddy were in to that sort of thing.

5. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

House was overdosing, he gets a decent lawyer who gets it thrown out because he wasn't in control of his actions, warns Cuddy that she can't fire House without opening herself up to a retaliation lawsuit, so Cuddy quits, leaving Wilson in charge, assuming the writers plan on a season after that and don't just say fuck it and go Morel Orel season 3 on House's ass

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I doubt we'll get a 9th season, the show's ratings have been on a slide the last couple of years and Hugh Laurie is only contracted for one more year and I suspect it'd take one hell of a deal to get him to want to stick around much longer. Working on a US TV series has been a strain on his marriage (given that his primary residence, and family, is in England), US TV series work schedules are more demanding than in England and walking with the fake limp for House has even had real-world ramifications on Hugh Laurie's actual leg.

The budget for next season was already cut so unless the show makes a strong comeback in the ratings next year and Fox/NBC are willing to pay through the nose to keep Laurie a 9th season isn't happening. Not to mention from all indications RSL wouldn't come back for a 9th season, he barely came back for an 8th and another recasting of the Doclings would be called for as I don't think any of them have contracts lasting beyond next year and at the very least Olivia Wilde won't renew in order to pursue her blossoming movie career.

Next season will very likely be the last one.

7. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Just got around to watching this yesterday. What a strange ending to the season. Of all of the things they could have been alluding to with the early police interview type shots, that was probably one of the most anti-climactic it could possibly have been. At this point it feels a little like they're just throwing darts at the board to come up with whacky things that House hasn't done yet.

I'll be tuning in for the last season but I'm glad they're wrapping it up.

I though the episode preceding this one with the various unrelated stories was very good, but this was one of the weaker finales the show has had so far.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I didn't think so. I couldn't believe they'd have House do something really awful, like kill somebody, so I was expecting whatever he did to be more just an emotional breakdown or something self-destructive. And what he actually did was potentially extremely dangerous to Cuddy, her daughter, and her houseguests. It could be regarded as attempted vehicular homicide. So it was actually more serious than what I expected.

9. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I was thinking something along the lines of extreme negligence or maybe another psychotic break leading to one or more people getting injured.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Looking back now since initial viewing my main thought is: why was it night out when the cops were interviewing them? It really was a disconnect.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's possible that in the terms of the show it was supposed to be dusk when House went over to Cuddy's. I realize that in the show that it was broad daylight outside but from a show-making point of view dawn/dusk/twilight is really hard to shoot during as the useful daylight is scarce and requires a tight schedule that's not always practical or cheap to maintain. Even the "real-time" TV-series 24 mostly ignored these transitional times of day.