House: 7x23 "Moving On" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, May 23, 2011.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Good

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Average

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Bad

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Terrible

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

The main character of the show drove his car through her house! Sure, its more of a fuck off then a send off, but if she's never seen again, at least we, as viewers, will know why.

She ran for her life!!!

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Which doesn't seem consistent with her statements in the finale, or her personality in general. She wasn't talking like someone who'd run away. She said she wanted House arrested if he came anywhere near her hospital. That's the attitude of someone who plans to stand and fight and expects to win. Lisa Cuddy is not going to let herself become a terrified damsel in distress, abandoning her life because she's afraid of a man. That's not who she is. The only reason she let House "push her around" in the past is because she knew he was ultimately right most of the time, because it helped save patients. Now that he's unquestionably in the wrong, now that he's deep-sixed any legitimacy or credibility he has left and alienated any support structure he had left, I don't see Cuddy feeling like she's in a weak enough position that she has to retreat.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Ummm..... Everyone not under an old contract was given a pay cut. She is the only one that said no.

4. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hodgens and Angela on Bones. They're an absolute delight to watch together, and their scenes are the highlight of the show for me at this point.

5. Forbin

Si. Her contract was for 7 seasons. When they decided to do an 8th season with a lower budget and less pay for the actors they had to all get new contracts, Lisa opted out.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, she even talked about a few months ago how much she loved the show. I think she was insulted by how much her salary was cut and left. I wish they could have given her a small cut and just have her in few episodes to make up for it.

7. The Fatman

The Fatman Captain Captain

That's the deal they made with Robert Sean Leonard (Wilson), who I hear is only in 6 episodes next year. Jesse Spencer (Chase) has yet to sign as well.

8. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i think they've taken the House/Cuddy thing as far as possible, so i'm not at all upset to see her leave the show. i have to say that i was surprised by his actions at the end of the show. i figured he would just throw her hairbrush through the window, which would then lead to some fight and the cops being called.

9. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Here's my prediction of what will happen next season:

Ep 1 - House spends the entire episode on the beach/island/whatever. He connects with a character there. He yaps nonstop to that character and gets caught up with a problem/situation that character is having. He plays some part in the resolution of that character's problem/situation and for whatever reason that character leaves never to be seen again.

Meanwhile the doclings work on a new PotW and meet the new "Cuddy". "New Cuddy" (or NC) may be male or female and it will be hinted that that he/she has some sort of situation/problem/drama thingy.

During the case one of the doclings suggest they try to contact House but the others disagree. They end up solving the case. By the end of the episode one of the main characters either makes contact with House or finds out where he is.

Ep 2 - A new PotW comes in with a case that the docilings just can't crack. Whoever found House in the previous episode makes contact with him to ask for help. Much of the episode is spent on that back and forth.

During that process House learns about NC. Something tips him off that NC has a hidden situation/problem/drama thingy.

By the end of the episode (after giving out a ton of verbal abuse) House comes up with the answer to the medical mystery and tells the doclings. Some part of that interaction (or maybe his curiosity about NC's situation/problem/drama thingy) makes him to decide to return to Jersey.

Ep 3 - House is back in town but not at the hospital. By this time one of the doclings' (probably Taub) subplots is gaining steam and gets the focus of the episode (along with another PotW).

House doesn't interact witht he doclings much or help them but he does have several scenes with Wilson and Wilson recites the same basic lines he pretty much always has. Wilson is also very concerned about House's legal problems. House pretends not to care.

House also interacts with NC for the first time. Some plot point brings them together. By the end of the episode it looks like House really will not be able to get out of his legal troubles. He also figures out NC's situation/problem/drama thingy.

EP 4
    - Uh oh looks like House is going to jail for sure this time! Also this is NC's backstory episode where his/her situation/problem/drama thingy comes to light. Whatever the situation/problem/drama thingy is, it's probably medical.

Through wacky shenanigans House solves the mystery of the situation/problem/drama thingy and NC can't help but feel grateful. So through some kind of ridiculous work release/community service/custody thing (that could ONLY exist in TV world) NC gets House back to work in the hospital.

Eps 5 through 21
    - back to the old grind: a new PotW every week, House continues down the slippery slope of self destruction, Foreman and Chase each have about 5 lines per episode, 13 still does whatever it is she does, and more and more time will be spent on never ending Taub subplots (two babies?!?! Whaaaaa?!?). And NC will get at least one more episode focused on him/her.

Ep 22 - House dies...or something.

10. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for mocking my foreign language skills.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

A plausible prediction, although if this is truly the last season, I think we're bound to see Thirteen's Huntington's disease starting to take hold. Maybe the series will end with House keeping his promise to euthanize her, and going to jail as a result.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It will probably start, every episode will start with the euthanization and then the rest of the season will be a flash back. You know like how Damages ran their story plotting.

House cannot make it out of this alive.

He's a dick.

The laws of classical fiction demand that he is punished strenuously.

(Not that those laws apply any-more.)

13. Forbin

New Cuddy will be played by Asthon Kutcher.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^I first read that as assthong Kutcher.

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it would be interesting if they put Wilson in Cuddy's former position. or Cameron, that would be an interesting move. i'd also like to see Masters come back as well.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Eh, same difference.

17. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

House could claim that he was merely trying to return Cuddy's brush and then his not fully healed right leg failed him and he accidentally blew through her house. He was in shock (or concussed) and managed to remember to hand her the brush before wandering off in a mental fog. A good lawyer could get him off with only a fine or suspended jail time sentence. Cuddy seemed totally fed up, but she may not press charges just to be able to leave the area unencumbered. A trial would require her presence and she'd want to avoid facing House again. Then he has to face a new hospital boss who won't cut House any slack and would be his nemesis. OR it could be Cameron who would be just as bad as Cuddy in trusting him to know what he's doing.

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Such excuses would be extraordinarily lame and unbelievable nor would it completely get him off as it could be argued he shouldn't be driving when his "driving leg" was injured and while under the influence of narcotics.

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^And there's that whole "Wilson witnessed the entire thing" issue.

20. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

“Prediction?” Read like a likely season synopsis. It’d be funny if the season really did follow that closely.