Godzilla, Kong, Gamera & Co.: The Kaiju Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", Nov 3, 2021.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd put money on it not having any. It's been release on Amazon Prime Japan to stream with zero subtitles. I can understand no English subs but it sucks that there doesn't seem to be any subs even for people hard of hearing.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  2. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I’d deliberate to stop people importing and so they have to wait until it’s available in their home country. The annoying thing is when it never dies, like certain One Piece specials.

3. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Got hold of Minus One (without subs). You can pretty much tell what's going on by the action and peoples' emotions. I'm not sure the dialog in a kaiju movie is all that important. ;) I think I recognized when a character says "We're screwed!" :lol: and there were a few "baka" ideas at the strategy meetings :).

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just saw Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire. I honestly think that its the worst Monsterverse film. The worst story, the worst humans, the worst "kaiju", the worst action, honestly I can't think of anything it did that the other movies didn't do better.

Even Mothra showing up didn't help, because its the gross "realistic" Monsterverse version. The focus on Kong really sucked, I tolerate him but I'm not a Kong fan so him having so much story focus and screentime was not idea, and then its mostly just bad anyway. The evil apes were boring, how did we go from King Ghidorah/Rodan and Mechagodzilla to a generic red haired ape, even the MUTOs were more interesting.

The humans were really bad. I actually liked most of the human stuff in Godzilla x Kong, but they're intolerable here. I'm glad that the stranger things girl is gone, but the podcast guy is just terrible and no one else was even slightly compelling.

I've never been so bored by a movie that technically featured Godzilla, even the 2014 movie had more going for it. I'd have even taken the Final fantasy human villains of KOTM over what we get in GxK.

Overall this was a very disappointing movie, I think the Monsterverse is just going on fumes at this point. They need a creative shake up but it doesn't feel like they're going to get it any time soon.

5. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So how do you think this fits it with the Monarch Apple plus show

6. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

The show is set in 2015 and so it fits very little. There is a little Easter egg to Godzilla vs Kong movie though

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun fact: Emma, who has the @brianKangal account on IG, says that her pig Lily was used to the do voice of Shimo. She said that the person who fostered her before she got her worked on the sound of GxK and used Lily for Shimo's voice.

8. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Godzilla x Kong is poised to overtake Skull Island as the highest grossing movie in the Monsterverse; and since it was made for less money than the previous entry, it stands to turn a bigger profit.