12 Foot Star Trek Diorama

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Sgt Angel, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Sgt Angel

Sgt Angel Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have almost completed my Star Trek Home Theater....and the link below, shows the progress of the 12 foot long Diorama I built in front of the screen to keep sticky little fingers from touching the screen. The nice thing about the diorama is that I can change the characters and their positions so it never gets boring. I will update this posting as I do that. I will also start another thread showing the progress of the actual build of the Star Trek Theater as well. Hope you enjoy the diorama and if you have any suggestion on how the figure can be rearranged, by all means, please comment.:p

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j428/Sgt_Angel1/12 Foot Star Trek Diorama/

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

I can't see anything... Though could have something to do with my work browser. But I usually get a Forbidden screen if the case.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

may I suggest getting an image hosting site that doesn't require a membership to view? like photobucket?

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

woah! lots of LCARS graphics in this :eek: :) :techman:

5. Sgt Angel

I have updated the link for the pictures on Photobucket. Hope this works for everyone.

6. Sgt Angel

Check the link now Patrickivan

7. MyClone

MyClone Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow, fantastic diorama work!

Thanks, MyClone

8. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Very interesting... and perhaps unintentionally amusing. I had to chuckle when the camcorder ran into some of the action figures. And that kid making noise in the background was hilarious.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  9. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was surprisingly neat. At first I thought none of the sets looked right and the crews were all mixed Helter-skelter, but it's really just a cool way to display your collection. Are you going to cover the particle board floor with anything?

And, like the other thread, please put the old links back in also, so those of us with G+ can give you kudos.

Wingsley, I was going to jump to Sgt Angel's defense about the way he's chosen to display his figures, but then there was that big crash at the end and I lost it, too. I was so engrossed in the scenery and then ka-boom! But in a way, I liked it better with the homey sounds and shoddy camera work. This guy isn't playing Star Trek at home ... he's showing off his hobby and he's brought a warm cozyness to it. Like we're there while he's showing off his work.

Did anyone else catch how the diorama's fenced off with Plexi-glass (Perspex)? No doubt to keep out small hands.

10. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

In a way, it kind of reminded me of people who used to have those huge electric train setups in their basements.

Wouldn't that be cool if you could have one of those old setups, and then show an Enterprise landing party probing the miniature landscape?

11. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That'd be awesome! And have a Police Call Box sitting on a street corner somewhere?

From a distance, it'd be a normal model railroad, but once you start looking at it in detail, it'd be a game of "Find All the SF References!"

12. Sgt Angel

Thanks for the comments guys....yes, the whole scenerio would have been alot more impressive if I had taken the time to add sound effects and edited the camera shots. But with having my grand daughter running around and wanting to play with "My Guys" I just didnt have time. Like I said I discovereg this site by accident and just want to share my passion with those of the same mind set.

The whole thing is enclosed in a hand built plex glass display case...the floor in the diorame is actually made from the same material as the floor in the home theater...which may look a little like particle board but it is actually cork flooring. The cork flooring is an excellent sound absorbtion material and seemed only fitting to add it to the floor of the diorama as well.

Since these pictures were taken, I have added a few more figures as well as the Partially built Delta Flyer (for safe storage) I will try to get some updated images uploaded in the next week or so.

As for those that are interested in the originally posted links to Gmail..herethey all are in their glory

https://picasaweb.google.com/103016832126575127913/ScratchBuildDeltaFlyer#

https://picasaweb.google.com/103016832126575127913/StarTrek12FootDiorama#

https://picasaweb.google.com/103016832126575127913/StarTrekHomeTheaterUSSAngel#

https://picasaweb.google.com/103016832126575127913/StarTrekHomeTheater#

13. Max Nex

Max Nex Ensign Red Shirt

nice work !
    I especially like your version of the Starfleet arrowhead.
    familiar , yet original

14. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

This has actually been a dream of mine. Enterprise landing party included.