The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I know the feeling.

I cringe every time I read posts by certain people.

2. TheGus251

TheGus251 Ensign Newbie

Hathaway might just deliver guys - she is quite a versatiel actress and not the dumb one-dimensional rom-com only type that some want to portray her as, for god's sake they could have used Jennifer Aniston for the Selina role and I'd still love this movie, it's a minor part so let's not get our knickers in our twist that will have little overall impact on the movie as a whole and may be quite a decent performance anyway

3. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would still love to see a live action Batman Beyond with Bale tackling the role of old Bruce. I imagine Bale would like the idea because it's a type of role he hadn't really tried yet; and I really think Beyond the best route as a way to separate the film from immediate comparisons to Nolan's work. After a Beyond movie, they could then enter a Batman reboot with a clean palette, so to speak; or they could keep making Beyond if it was a big success.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'd prefer not to.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I think Olivia Wilde would've been more ideal for the role. As beautiful as Hathaway is I think she lacks a certain "grace" or spark that I think Catwoman should have and exudes. CW should pretty much ooze sex and sensuality and be utterly exotic. Again, Hathaway is a great looking woman, but I don't think she fits in my mind what Catwoman is, but it remains to be seen for me on hoe she really does.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My initial apprehension with Hathaway had nothing to do with her acting. It was her face. Her face is too cute! I had a hard time envisioning her as anything other than cute.

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Unless this is Bale running interference to keep something like that secret.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Hathway has done a pretty good job at oozing sexuality in my opinion with all the promo material and scenes we've seen in the trailer. Olivia Wilde would be fine. I think I saw somewhere that Jessica Biel, Gemma Aterton, Kate Mara, Charlotte Riley, and Kiera Knightly all auditioned for Selina. Kate Winslet, Naomi Watts, and Rachel Weiz were considered for Miranda Tate before Marion agreed to the role after her son was born. Anne will be impressive.

9. Trekker4747

Yeah, from what I've seen she seems to be doing okay but, I dunno, it's missing a certain "spark."

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

We're seeing a subtle version of Catwoman IMO...but no less sexual or playful. Keep in mind that in the amount of footage we have seen, doesn't probably compare to what is actually in the film. I do get what you're saying about that "spark". "Dark Victory" has been mentioned as being a large portion of the source material used for Selina in TDKR along with "The Long Halloween" I believe. Selina's arc in Dark Victory is among my absolute favorite Catwoman stories, so I've been personally excited about this for a long time :)

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I really don't understand why Kristen Stewart is in anything at all.

Her agent must have the Force or something.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I can't think of anyone who would have been ideal for Catwoman, but Eva Green might have been nice.

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Not to get into a "What was wrong with the dark knight?" topic
    but I still scratch my head at HOW Bruce figured out Harvey was in danger at the party.

All of a sudden he just puts Harvey in a sleeper hold.

How did he know about Loeb and the judge being killed? Nolan claims he never has deleted scenes but I think there was one.

Bruce probably listened to partygoers answering their phones about two killings

And then there's part where Joker just leaves after Batman goes out of the window.

14. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

He didn't have to know about the Loeb and the Judge being killed but Dent being a prime target was a logical decision.

After all he's the new hotshot D.A who's hellbent on wiping out organised crime in Gotham so which hoodlum wouldn't want him gone?

Plus Wayne knew how important Dent was to the city and wasn't going to take any chances.

15. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

That's all quite logical, buut Wayne certainly acted like he was responded to a specific threat at a specific time.

It reminds me of the problem in attack of the Clones. some tried to kill Padme in the first scene of the film.

Next scene; Jedi and security people are called to stop future assassinations.

Problem: while they know her life is in danger and a murderer could make another attempt at any time, the screenplay, and the way the characters are acting makes on believe that they have reasons to believe that this specific night was somehow the night that this attempt had to happen. sure, it could have happened that night regardless, but in both films, the characters behave as if a specific time/person is going to do something specific at a specific occasion.

16. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

WB was kind enough to make me a character poster for the film. After all, my character is probably one of the most hotly anticipated new characters in the film.

[​IMG]

17. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think you'll make a great Riddler, Mr. Tennant.

ETA: JA, I was going to make an innocent joke about your Batman underwear, but there was absolutely no way to mention them without major Inappropriate Implications due to the word behind your head...)

18. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Dayam if that's really a pic of you, you look really HAWT in that poster

Nolan should be honored by your attention :devil:

19. Trekker4747

[​IMG]

Can I come in? I forgot my umbrella.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just got to work today to find we'd gotten a big shipment of new toys over the two days I was off, and we now have a bunch of TDKR toys. So if anyone shops at Wal-Mart and was interested in TDKR toys you might want to check your store.