The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm not that upset. Just annoyed that they did a novelization for children, but not one for teens or adults.

The main reason these junior books were made was as advertising. They were hoping it will get the kids that read the books to see the movie for the ending. But they would haven't gone anyway after seeing the cool trailers! They seem so pointless.:p

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's why I don't bother with the junior novels any more. They're for a different demographic and really pointless for older readers. Novelizations seem to have gone by the wayside since the recession...not sure if that is the reason, but that is when I noticed they started to vanish. I'm disappointed still "Amazing Spider-Man" wasn't novelized. Peter David did one for "Real Steal" but not that, this still baffles me lol. I'm very pleased Greg did "The Dark Knight Rises" I've completed the trilogy in print form now :)

The screenplays will be released next month for those interested...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Knig...8-1&keywords=the+dark+knight+rises+screenplay

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does anyone know if James Cameron is still planning on writing his Avatar novelization? I'm assuming at this point it's to far from the release of the movie for anyone to give a crap if it does come out.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Regarding Peter, I think you mean "Transformers" or "Battleship."

The only tie-in book for "Real Steel" was a reprint of the original story by Richard Matheson . . . .

5. Admiral_Young

Yep my mistake. It was for "Battleship"...even worse!!!

@JD no news on Cameron's Avatar book now for a good year and a half. He mentioned that he wanted to write it and have it published prior to the release of the sequels, so I guess that gives him enough time to actually work on it.

This thread really doesn't need to remain open any more lol. @Neroon would you be so kind as to close it? I don't think JacksonArcher will mind too much :)

6. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Nothing left to anticipate at this station. ;)

7. Admiral_Young

Indeed...except more viewings! :)

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

That and the DVD's/Blu-Rays...

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

...and the inevitable reboot. ;)

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Reboots actually. :D