Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Saw this thread with some new activity on my subscriptions, and I thought to myself "I bet S6 is on like Donkey Kong". Six seasons and a movie, it is known. Yahoo, I won't even pirate it, I'll totally watch your ads.

2. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This news is better than cafeteria chicken fingers.

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

It's clearly streets ahead!

4. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hulu really Britta'd things. Especially when you realize that without Yahoo stepping in, an asteroid would have destroyed human civilization. It's a good thing that Yahoo stepped in to save the Human Being.

5. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Im excited. :D Could it suck? Sure, but Season 4 sucked. I really liked Season 5. It wasn't up to Season 1 and 2 levels, but it beat out Season 3 imo by virtue of not being weird for the sake of being weird.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surprised by the news. Thought the fifth season was a bit "meh", but I'll still check it out. If I can that is as it will probably be region locked.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'd rank the seasons: 2, 3, 5, 1, not watching the show at all, 4.

Sesaon 5 did have a few too many retreads of previous great episodes but it managed to recapture the thematic coolness of seasons 2-3.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just saw a recent Soup where something reality TV disgusting was happening on the blue screen behind Joel, and Joel adlibbed "Oh look: The Darkest timeline!"

:)

Chevey is on Hot in Cleveland today: He's had maybe 10 lines.

9. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

But he was a
    cannibal
    . How many lines do you need (and it was more than 10).

10. Guy Gardener

From the constant slew of tv royalty and movie stars, you can tell that some one on the cast has huge fabulous parties and the famous people that show up are on the show the following week.

It's probably Betty.

"I'd like to work with you before I die."

Who can say "no" to that?

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Boy this thread has really fallen by the wayside. Though I suppose there's not a whole lot to discuss on the Community front right now. Maybe after the Community panel tonight, though it's not an actual Community one but a tvguide one that features Community.

I'm having another go through of the show in preparation for Season 5 on DVD in two weeks. I'm also (finally) going to pick up Season 4 and watch through that, although I'm not really looking forward to that...though it will be interesting to see how different it can get.

Here is a link to the first sighting of a Community Season 6 promotional advert.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 6 will not have holiday episodes for some reason. That's pretty much all that there is from Comic Con.

13. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If it was still TV, I'd say it was because they're not sure when the shows are going to air, but I'm still unsure how this Yahoo thing is going to work.

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The article I read says it's because they don't know when it will air, but that shouldn't stop them when they also talk about how many many more people will watch it much later than when it's on TV or Yahoo. So it all seems very odd. Orange is theNew Black does it right, whenever they want a holiday they do one.

http://io9.com/community-cast-crew-reveal-season-6-secrets-and-the-f-1610559324

15. Guy Gardener

Logically Yahoo is renting the entire back catalogue of community (or else why bother?) and will offer all of Community for streaming for either a per episode fee or a unlimited monthly subscription like Netflix.

The lager their catalogue of movies in general, and Community and other TV shows, the longer the Mojos will continue to subscribe to this Yahoo service, and sometimes dole out extra for payperview sundries.

Yahoo is either going to become Netflix or they are going to bankrupt themselves (again?) when only 4 people subscribe after they spend millions figuring out licences and royalties.

If Yahoo offered twice the movies at half the cost, you would think that their business model would be excellent?

Is this still computer based or are they going to e streaming into TVs as well?

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I thought Yahoo Screen was going to remain free and their profits was based on the ads. At least that's what I recall reading.

Still, if there is a small fee, I'll gladly pay it to be able to watch a new season of Community.

17. Guy Gardener

Oh, I did no research whatsoever.

Obviously to become netflix, it would mean assimilating netflixes customer base.

Which would be difficult.

Targeting cheap bastards seems like low hanging fruit they can make some folding off.

18. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 4 is not nearly as bad as some people say. Yes, it's an inferior season of Community, but it's still a decent and watchable sitcom with likeable actors and some laughs

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I barely noticed a difference with Season 4.

20. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can't fault your methodology!

Though, Yahoo Screen seems more like Hulu than Netflix. If they follow through with your idea, then perhaps it would resemble Hulu Plus (including the ads).