What Do You Want To See In The Next Film?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Pubert, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

a debate looses credibility to me when a girl calls another girl a bitch. :rolleyes: its cringe worthy and tacky to moi. bitchy? high maintenance? I doubt those words are used to the male characters and then some of this girls turn around and say they are feminists but they dont hesitate to call another girl a derogatory name like a bitch:rolleyes: when the girl does a human thing like getting upset.:rolleyes:

I have seen both films and Kirk is far more of the bitch even though I hate using the term to spock, kirk has called spock far more out than uhura has. even to the point of him calling him out and using a derogatory name in front of a superior officer: Captain Pike. Kirk is the biggest bitch in the film not uhura and even Mccoy, he seems always angry all the time. it just does not work in the films but that is the writers fault.

I think the film made an error when they said in the their mission statement that they wanted to tell a kirk and spock story. it was the writers that dismissed the trio which is not that surprising because the harsh reality is when people think of star trek in the media and public eye it is Kirk and Spock they know not kirk-spock-mccoy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Let's do both! Remake "Day Of The Dove" :D

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Edris Elba as Kang?

4. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Or, how about Idris Elba as a younger, oh, say..... Commander or Captain (or Colonel) Chang. Chang the Merciless (as Kirk heard of him being referred to in the novelization of ST 6: TUC. Go just a little easier, but not entirely drop, his fondness for Shakespeare.

If we were to go the big, epic, Klingons want war with us route...do something like this:

In the first battle (smaller battle, maybe between 4 to six ships), the Enterprise delivers the blow that causes Chang to lose his eye; an explosion on Chang's bridge that sends debris hurling across, knocking Chang's eye out. Over the course of time, Chang learns that it is a young captain named James T. Kirk who commanded the ship (the Enterprise) that gave him the injury that cost him half his sight. As a reminder to never underestimate Kirk, Chang had his eyepatch "bolted" in. At some point later in the story, Chang gets to meet Kirk face to face. Perhaps at a peace meeting. Or perhaps Kirk is captured by a group of Klingons on some planet that the Enterprise crew are exploring, unaware of the Klingon presence. Chang could be under the command of Kor.

Kirk sits in a dark, damp cell, looking a little worse for wear after his less than peaceful capture by the Klingons on this planet. The cell door opens, and a pair of Klingons enter, bringing Kirk to his feet, after which, two more Klingons enter. Unlike the guards, these two Klingons are not helmeted....and one of them is wearing an eyepatch. Kirk squints through the harsh light pouring in through the door, casting the two entering Klingons in fearsome silhouettes, obscuring their detail.

Kor: I am Kor, military governor of the planet you have invaded, teran'ngan!

Kirk: (worn out, but trying to keep a defiant attitude) A Klingon governor? What do I do? Salute? Bow? Curtsy?

One of the Klingon guards backhands Kirk in the gut, nearly knocking the wind out of him.

Chang: Your impertinence is impolite in the presence of Governor Kor! A name in return would be proper form!

Kor: We know you are Starfleet. We know the starship you have orbiting this planet is the Enterprise. Who are you?!

Kirk: (trying to stand a little taller while still in the clutches of the two Klingon guards) Kirk, James T.

Chang: (looking almost bewildered) Kirk?

Kirk: (mocking Chang's expression) Yes.

Chang: (unfazed or unaware of Kirk's mockery) Kirk?

Kirk: Is there an echo in here? Yes, (hissing) I .... ammm.... Kiirrrrk.

Kor: (mildly amused) Allow me to present one of my most revered commanders, Colonel Chang.

Chang: (approaches Kirk, who can now see that Chang's eyepatch is indeed bolted into his skull) I have so wanted to meet you, Captain. One warrior....to another.....face to face at last.

Kirk: Chang. (as if turning the name over in his mind) Chang...chang...chang... Chang! Ah...yes, Chang the Merciless. Chang, the butcher of Endron XII. Chang, the subjugator of Cerberus Alpha. How did you do all that with just one eye, Chang?

Chang: This eyepatch....I wear in your honor, Kirk!

Kirk: (tilts his head, not quite understanding) How's that again?

Chang: One of your years ago, we met on the field of battle! You crippled my ship....most of my crew dead or dying, as Klingon warriors dream. One of your shots blasted out a panel on my bridge. The shrapnel flew across my face, tearing my eye from its socket.

Kirk: Yeah...ok....I get that. But ....bolting in your eyepatch. That's a bit extreme....even for a Klingon...isn't it?

Chang: It is a reminder to me never to underestimate the one whom I thought was a mere welp getting his first taste of battle. But now that we have you here, invading this world....I'm going to enjoy watching you suffer.

Kirk: Yeah, this whole question of invasion? Umm...we're exploring this planet, a world known to be in Federation territory.

Kor: We annexed this planet long before you ever set foot in this region of space, Kirk! You are the invaders, and for that, you will pay. (Kor nods to the guards who let go of Kirk, who slumps to the wet floor) Rest well, James T. Kirk. You will need your strength for the ....delights...to come.

Chang: And perhaps you can tell us your sad story of the deaths of kings.

Kor and Chang exit, followed by the guards. The cell door slams shut, making Kirk jump at its loud sound.

-----

Or something to that effect. :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

6. martok2112

7. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would say Michael Fassbender as Chang, simply because I thought that in X-Men: First Class, he strongly resembled a younger Christopher Plummer circa "The Sound of Music."

Kor

8. martok2112

Never saw "First Class", so I'll take your word on that performance.

But I did enjoy him in Prometheus. :)

9. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

He's great in First Class. In fact that movie was just all round awesome full stop. It's as good as Days of Future Past IMO. But yeah I could see him as a young Chang.

10. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Idris Elba could be Robert April. Start again and ignore that awful Into Darkness prequel comic nonsense.

The Khan backstory one following the film, with him on trial and back into cold storage, is a keeper though.

11. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

12. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

My idea was based on physical similarity, but I think Fassbender definitely has the acting chops too.

Christopher Plummer (who played Chang in ST6:TUC, as well as the cut-scenes in the "Klingon Academy" PC game) as he appeared back in the 60s (scroll down a bit to the first photo):
    http://fedorasandhighheels.blogspot.com/2011/06/12-reasons-i-love-sound-of-music-1965_5526.html

Michael Fassbender in recent times, playing 60s-era Magneto/Erik Lenscherr (the first photo):
    http://www.asuitthatfits.com/offthecuff/sartorial-spotlight-michael-fassbender/

Kor

13. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I'd love to see him in Trek, he is one of my favourite actors at the moment.

14. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Borg.

Alice Eve in a bikini.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015