Ys I & II Chronicles coming to Steam on Feb 14

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kelthaz, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sure how many Ys fans are here (it's a very unknown series outside of Japan), so for those you who don't know it's simply the best Action RPG series ever made. Well, maybe not, but it's sure as hell in the running. Basically, these games play like Secret of Mana, Soul Blazer, Alundra, or The Legend of Zelda. Run around, kill things with a sword, walk around towns, listen to some of the best music of all time, level up, find items, etc. You all know the drill.

The series dates back to 1987 and has 11 games with a new game coming out for the Vita (with a Steam release expected at some point) later this year. If you enjoyed SNES/PSX style Action RPGs I guarantee that you'll absolutely love this. Take a look.

Ys I & II Chronicles on Steam

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I was hoping that after the Ark of Napshim that we'd get a Y's compilation. I had Y's 3 for the snes and wished I could play the others.

3. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is this the same version as the PSP release?

Anyway, I highly recommend anyone even slightly interested pick this up when it's on sale. Ys has it's own kind of charm that's hard to explain.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apparently it's a combination of the PC and PSP versions. Here's a snippet from a thread on NeoGAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511082