Your Star Wars Prequel Title/ Crawl

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nowhere Man, May 4, 2011.

1. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Basically, create your own idea for the prequels. I know this has been brought up before, but lets do it again.Ok, here's mine.

Star Wars Episode I: Rise of the Empire or Alternate Title: Fall of the Republic

After 1,000 years of peace in the Galaxy, the Galactic Republic is on the brink of Civil War. Curruption has engulfed the Galactic Senate and the Outer Rim Systems are beggining to seceed.

A resurgance in the Dark Side of the Force has been detected on the peacefull planet of Naboo and a plot to destroy the Jedi and control the Galaxy is under way. A small rebellion has begun and Two Jedi Knights; defenders of peace in the Galaxy, have been deployed by the Chancelor of the Senate to investigate the matter. Little do they know, a Dark Lord of the Sith, the evil Darth Sidious awaits them.

As the title suggests, my prequels would jump right in with the beggining of the Empire. Basically it would begin with a rebellion on Naboo, which is a strategic trading planet. The Rebellion would be over taxes, trade and slaves, but would be briefly mentioned. Darth Sidious(Palpatine) would be behind the rebellion. He would play a bigger role, we would see him fight right from the first episode. He would play basically the same role. So the rebellion would begin on Naboo where the seperatists are attempting to take Theed. The Jedi step in to help Queen Amidala(Padme). It would still be Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, but Obi would be in his late twenties. The time line would be closer to the OT.

The seperatists win the battle but are unable to take Theed. They instead take the Queen hostage and escape to Tatooine, which is a wild west, lawless Planet and a seperatist strong hold. The Jedi persue with Captain Pananka as a guide and pilot.They encounter a 16-19 year old Anakin Skywalker. The Jedi instantly recognize that Anikan is a talented force user as he is a local celebrity podracer. As we know, humans simply cant pod race. He has even been known to play parlar tricks on people. He works on a moisture farm with his brother Owen. Thier mother was a slave a gave her life to free them. Thier father disapeared when they were young, it's believed that the sand people got him.owen is not strong with the force and prefers to stay a farmer. Anikan has long wanted to join the Jedi order and since the rebellion began has wanted to be a pilot.

The Jedi are unable to detect all force users and therefore some fall through the cracks. They convince Anikan to help them rescue the Queen, but Owen advises not to get involved. He suggests that they may need more help. He gathers a crew of his own friends Chewbaka, a Wookie, C3P0, his protocol droid, and one other guy(can't come up with a name right now) Anyway, they find where the rebels are hiding and attempt to rescue the Queen. Before the fighting, Obi-Wan shows Anikan how to use a lightsaber and gives him a spare.
    As the fighting breaks out, two sith pop out of knowhere. One is Darth Sidious and the other is Darth Maul. Qui-Gon goes after Sidious who's face they don't see. Anikan and Obi-wan go after Maul. The others fight off the seperatits. Anikan gets his arm cutt off since he is inexperienced, much like AOTC. Obi-Wn is left to fight off Maul. Maul is Killed, but Sidous kills Qui-Gon. Anikan and Ob-Wan run after Sidious, but he escapes. The others succesfully get the Queen and they escape. The Seperatists are left to fight another day.

In the end, Obi-Wan promises to train Anikan. The rebellion begins. Sidious meets up with another sith, Darth Tyranous and they discuss future plans. Qui-Gon Funeral pretty much the same. The guys are awarded by the Queen and Padme and anikan begin to fall in love.

So, yeah I ripped off ANH, but I think it's apropriate. I think it's a mixture of the OT and the PT and more akin to the OT.

2. Peacefrog88

Peacefrog88 Ensign Red Shirt

Not bad. The only things I would change,
    Get rid of chewbacca, he souldn't be in it at all IMO
    Make it known that Anakin and Owen are not biological brothers, owen should be adopted, or a half brother.
    Make it so Anakin already had a lightsabre and knew how to use it. Maybe he stole it off a jedi who visited Tatooine when Annie was a child. He could tell Obi the other jedi gave it to him.
    Anakin shouldn't lose his arm in this one. Episode II maybe. Episode II should be basically the same with Jango Fett and the Clones.
    Other than that not bad at all.

Note, I love the prequels and wouldn't want them changed. But it's fun to come up with other ideas.

3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Wars: Episode 1

Theorizing that one could travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better.

His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

4. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would only make minor changes to the prequels.
    Ep 1: Make Anakin older, maybe a teen who is eager to find adventure in the galaxy. So he signs up as a sort of mercenary type gig leaving his family and brother Owen behind. During the battles which are related to the Trade Federation's takeover he meets Padme and the Jedi and falls in with them. The rest of the movie could follow the same basic plot. And of course, no Jar Jar but that goes without saying. Even though I just did.

Ep 2: Anakin is a rising hero with proven successes. He's not quite a full fledged Jedi yet and Obi Wan still struggles to help him control his emotions and reckless behavior. Specifically, in tight spots, he tends to tap into the dark side for extra strength. I would also portray the Obi Wan/Anakin relationship as more of a growing friendship than the parent/student one we saw. Again the conflict with Anakin should be more about his fear and anger rather than being a whiny adolescent.

Ep 3: Really minor changes that just build on the 1st 2 movies. Anakin is a full Jedi and good friend of Obi Wan along with secretly married to Padme. Anakin's dips into the dark side have become more frequent as the war rages on. This has caused the dark side to manifest itself in him as an alternate/split personality which gradually takes over and becomes Darth Vader. During the final battle with Obi Wan, Anakin briefly resurfaces allowing Obi Wan to win but with Padme dead and the Emperor involved, Darth Vader takes over completely.

My changes simply take care of something that always bothered me in the movies. Anakin's transition to the dark side. I just never felt he went there for a good reason other than being a whiny bitch. I thought that it would be better that the dark side seduced him gradually over time until he finally fell in and was lost. Or that the dark side manifested itself or possessed him so that the Darth Vader persona wasn't actually really Anakin at all. This would reconcile the statement by Obi Wan to Luke that suggested that his father and Vader were two separate people. And it was only the confrontation with Luke, the last beacon of the light side, that banished Vader back into the abyss.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

That's what I would have done for Episode 1. Have Anakin be a teenager already starting to show signs of leaning towards the dark side.

Having Hayden in all 3 movies adds a nice flow to things IMO.

Sure it's basically Luke Skywalker's journey only EVIL!!!

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

STAR WARS

Episode I
    Whispers from the Void

The time for vengeance is at hand. After a thousand years of peace and prosperity under the protection of the Jedi Knights, the Galactic Republic has grown corrupt and decadent.

Agents of chaos from beyond known space have attacked outposts along the frontier, spreading Republic forces too thin in an effort to end the violent raids. The Jedi have tried to alert the Galactic Senate of a rising threat from the Dark Side of the Force, but their warnings have fallen on deaf ears unwilling to heed the advice of an obsolete warrior cult.

Determined to discover the true source of the attacks on the border, the Jedi Council dispatches Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker to the remote garrison planet of Dantooine, site of the most recent incursion.

I tried to post a link from the Crawl Creator, but the link it sent me via email didn't work. Maybe some of you guys can get it to work for you, though.

7. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mean twisted and EVIL! :lol:

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

STAR WARS

EPISODE I
    THE CLONES OF MANDALORE

The Old Republic is crumbling from years of corruption spearheaded by the sinister Hutt crime families. Numerous star systems have begun to lose faith in the Republic's ability to protect them and have begun a movement to establish a new, stronger galactic government.

The Jedi Knights, the sworn peacekeepers of the Republic, find their ranks decimated after a prolonged war with the evil Dark Lords of the Sith and are now struggling to maintain order in a steadily splintering Republic.

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker, have been dispatched to the vital agricultural planet Alderaan to convince Queen Breha Organa not to leave the Republic and join the growing Separatist Confederacy...

9. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see why Episode I needed a crawl at all. "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... STAR WARS"... fade out and action on the starfield.

10. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mine: nothing to do with taxes and trade routes, that's for sure. I don't think it was a good idea to start the story with Anakin as a child. Start with him as a teenager and have the same actor (someone who has the acting range to handle the character, assuming the character was written properly this time around) play him through the three movies. And yes, it's a tall order to find some kid who can grow into the role like that, but Lucas has all the money in the world, he could practically grow the right actor in a vat. If he'd put more effort into the casting call, maybe he wouldn't have bungled it so badly.

As you can see, the Title Crawl is hardly the most important factor here. ;)

11. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

*High fives Gaith*

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"A long time ago, eh you know the drill and i'm late for practice GTG! I'll text you the rest of the crawl later!"

;)

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would have had Qui-Jon on the Council and Obi-Wan and Anakin already paired up. Anakin would have been a teenager in my Episode One. I came up for an alternate scrawl for Episode One years ago but can't remember it any more.