Your short list for The 11th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Aug 26, 2008.

1. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

People are always throwing around names and suggestions and theories as to who they would want to be their ideal "next" Doctor. So, I thought I would dedicate a thread to this idea and see what we can come up with.

Basically, who would you cast as the 11th Doctor (or The Doctor, in general)? You can suggest one person, you can suggest twelve people....I don't care. As an American, I am very limited as to my exposure to Brit/UK actors. I am even more limited as to knowing whether after seeing them once, whether they would actually make a good Doctor. Thus, to start, my suggestions are "obvious" and "names". No eclectic choices here (yet! give me some time) ;)

Oh, and the first person to come running in screaming "But David Tennant hasn't announced he's leaving! Nothing is official! Etc. Etc." gets the Nerd-in-a-Corner Award. This is just for fun.

[​IMG]
    James Nesbitt

[​IMG]
    Eddie Izzard

[​IMG]
    James Callis

I'm sure I'll think of more. Who's next?

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I think everyone and their kid sister knows by now I've been wanting Eddie Izzard as The Doctor since word first came out Doctor Who was returning. :D

I would also love to see Bill Nighy's take on The Doctor, but I know that'll probably never happen.

I think Hugh Grant would be grand, too, as exemplified by The Curse of the Fatal Death. It's too bad he turned the role before Christopher Eccleston was offered the role, but at least he regrets that decision now.

Lastly, I think Alexander Siddig would be a marvelous Doctor (although I bet he would be a smashing Master, too).

3. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I would like to have seen David Hewlett or Richard E grant. in the role i know it will never happen.

4. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Do you mean David Thewlis, who's Lupin in Harry Potter? If so, I've always thought he'd be a good Doctor as well. (Hewlett is Dr. McKay on Stargate: Atlantis -- but I guess you know that considering your av). :)

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

completely-wild-out-there-not-going-to-happen-in-a-zillion-years choice: Christian Bale.

slightly more sane choice: Alex Siddig

realistic choice: ...

6. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Oh good ones. Eddie Izzard and Baltar are good too so long as Izzard isn't in drag and Baltar doesn't cry in every scene.

But you know who I really want, even though it would be stupid and impossible? John Simm. There. I said it.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

And yeah I stuck a woman in there, wanna make something of it? :lol:

Of all of them my ideal would be Rickman, I would love to see him play the Doctor.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

James Nesbitt and David Hewlett

I would say Patrick Stewart but he's probably too old though Eddie Izzard is a interesting one but he has a US cable show job at moment.

WHAT THE HELL...

Just choose me :)

9. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

anotehr out-there choice which could be interesting: Ioan Gruffud

10. Serial thread killer

No i meant Hewlett he is soon to be the ex doctor Mckay.:(:)

11. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Fantastic selection of actors (although you left out Eddie Izzard :p). Davenport, Coyle, Ejiofor, and Rickman are especially excellent ideas. I'm not familiar with Nicola Walker, so I can't judge her.

13. Serial thread killer

Loved Nicola Walker in spooks interesting choice.

14. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

Nope! :) I'd love to see his, er, I mean her, reaction after regeneration! "BOOBS! I'VE GOT BOOBS!!!" :lol:

That's who I was going to say. He'd be awesome!

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well its less about her being a woman, more that she played such a wonderfully forgetful, out of sync with everyone else yet highly intelligent and moral character on Spooks. I'm not huge on the idea of the Doctor ever being a woman, but if he had to be she'd be my stand out choice.

I've still not seen any of The Riches, and until I do I'm afraid I have doubts about Izzard's acting chops.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

One more left field suggestion, though he's probably too old these days, would be Steven Pacey...if only because I'd love to see a B7 cast member as the Doctor and Darrow is far too associated with Avon- besides its been too long since we had a curly haired Doctor :lol:

17. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

I would love to see Hewlitt, David Hewlitt as the doctor. He could play a darker doctor, maybe save him for the "final regeneration" incarnation of the Doctor, a doctor who knows he is at the end and is slightly paranoid about dying.

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Alan Rickman would have been the Doctor in the Leonard Nimoy directed film of the early '90s. Pierce Brosnan is usually mentioned in connection with the film, but it doesn't appear that he was seriously considered.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Colin Salmon yet.

19. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

Hmmm

Richard Armitage?

Kevin Whately (another northerner!) is probably too old, sadly.

I'll keep thinking.

20. CmdrAJD

CmdrAJD Commodore Commodore

Neither of these would ever EVER happen, but if they decided to go older again, I think Michael Caine could be fun. Also, after watching Stranger Than Fiction, I thought that Emma Thompson would do a good job with the part.