Your Ideal Opening Credit Cast for Season 7 of Star Trek DS9?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by KirbyHawk, Jul 7, 2016.

1. KirbyHawk

KirbyHawk Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Mine would be:
    Starring:
    Avery Brooks as Captain Benjamin Sisko
    Also Starring:
    Marc Alaimo as Dukat
    Rene Auberjonios as Odo
    Casey Biggs as Damar
    Jeffery Combs as Weyoun
    Michael Dorn as Lt. Cmndr Worf
    Aron Eisenberg as Ensign Nog
    Colm Meaney as Chief O'Brien
    Andrew Robinson as Elim Garak
    Alexander Siddig as Dr. Bashir
    Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys

I think Jake, Quark, and Ezri Dax would be recurring characters. I swear the hologram Vic Fontaine was on more than Jake and Quark.

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

James Darren was in six episodes, Cirroc in 9, and Armin 21.

3. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Brooks
    Auberjonois
    Dorn
    Penny Johnson as Kasidy Yates(-Sisko)
    Lofton
    Meaney
    Robinson
    Siddig
    Visitor

Kasidy Yates should have been made part of the cast. The show profited from having characters whose perspective was not dominated by Starfleet, and the actress could have pulled off a larger roll. Moreover, her inclusion would have given more ability to integrate Jake into stories.

More Garak is more Garak. Enough said.

Without a better story for his character, season 7 could have done with less Dukat. His conversion to Bajoran "Satanism" was contrived, and though I like his interaction with Winn (as in it made me want to crawl out of my skin, thus being very effective), it could have been sacrificed for something better. I'd rather he came back late to try to spoil Damar's movement.

Eisenberg and Biggs stepped up in big ways in the season, but as actors, they did not necessarily have the tools to pull of more than recurring parts.

Meaney was in a lot of episodes, but it seemed he didn't have a lot to do. It would have been nice to have a few stories that featured O'Brien.

I would not have minded a return of Shakar if it were part of a power struggle with Winn.