Your Favorite Kirk Fight Scene

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Spock's Barber, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I like the short but intense 'Kirk versus the Andorian' fight in "Journey to Babel".

2. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It wasn't even a fight, really, but I love when Kirk was restrained from entering the Dohlman's quarters in Elaan of Troyius, he spins, fist clenched, totally ready to smack Kryton! :)

3. Spock's Barber

Yes, never mind that Kirk was outnumbered 3:1. He was ready to kick ass and take names.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Shatner doing an entire fight himself in a corridor in "A Taste of Armageddon". The master shot looks to be about 40 seconds, but intercut with some other angles.

5. Spock's Barber

Shatner loved to do his own stunt work, but in the fight scene from 'Space Seed' the stunt doubles were only too obvious. Does anyone know why he didn't do this famous fight scene???

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Kirk vs. Spock in "Amok Time."

Honorable mention: Kirk vs. Finnegan in "Shore Leave."

7. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

Easily, Kirk vs. Finnegan.

I read somewhere that it's the longest fight scene in TV history? Or something like that?

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Maybe at the time, but I find it hard to believe that's still the case today. Heck, there was a fantastic, extended fight scene on "Agents of SHIELD" just a few weeks ago, when Agent May fought her double for several minutes. And we've had nearly fifty years of action shows since "Shore Leave" . . .

9. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's also mine cause Shatner is doing his own stunts, and because Kirk is stabbed because of that dumbass move he made.

Funny thing is, even if we expand it to 'Favorite all time Star Trek fights', Kirk is going to head the pack. *Maybe* Spock/Khan will be up there. I quite liked it. But it would be a lot of Kirk, a couple of Worfs, maybe a Data for the Locutus/Data brawl. :)

I love Sisko, but I don't think any of his fights were all that memorable.

10. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Various possibilities. Shatner may have been hurt that day. Or the long shots done at a different time. The director may have insisted or the stunt guys were already paid. Maybe the fight choreographer didn't show up and so what we see ("I think Shatner could have done that!") is actually what the stunt performers made up on the spot.

11. Spock's Barber

Agreed. That was the infamous Kirk drop kick that missed everything/everyone except the bulkhead.:lol:

12. Spock's Barber

Pardon the pun, but that sounds logical. :vulcan:

BTW, I thought that the late Paul Baxley was an excellent stunt double for Shatner.

13. Corylea

Corylea Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree; I found that scene more visceral and intense than most of the others.

14. EnsignTOS

EnsignTOS Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Kirk vs Gorn. :lol:

15. Gassy Man

Gassy Man Commodore Commodore

Where No Man Has Gone Before. IMO, it's the only fistfight in the whole series that thematically supported what the episode was really about -- the high and mighty technical wizards being reduced to cavemen, one with pretensions of being a god, and the other about to bash his head open with a rock. That Kirk hesitates with a moment of humanity to apologize is almost his undoing but also a reminder of why he represents the best of us.

16. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

As much as I like the Kirk/Spock fight in Amok Time mainly for the music, I think my favorite Kick fight was his first fight against Ron Tracey in The Omega Glory.

17. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Answer: all of them, from Gary Mitchell to Soran.

18. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

19. Memory Alpha

Memory Alpha Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Kirk vs. Kruge in TSFS.

Also the one in "Shore Leave" and of course I love the fight with the Gorn. :) The Gorn takes a big awkward swing at him, misses, Kirk lands some punches or a drop kick or something, and then it lumbers after him. Great.

20. Spock's Barber

The late Bob Sparr did a great job directing this fight, and the stunt doubles, the late Paul Baxley and the late Vince Deadrick, Sr. we're fantastic.