• 1701-E

• 1701-F

• 1701 (Kelvin timeline)

• 1701 (Discovery retcon)

• 1701-J

• 1701-A (Kelvin timeline)

• 1701-G

Results are only viewable after voting.
I started converting the old girl to Octane. Most of the materials are converted, but need to be tweaked. I also have to figure out how to recreate the procedural textures I had on the Blender version (the hull had a slight grunge-like texture).

Q6YerZO.png

9AT7hUS.png

cqGq6A9.png

I started converting the old girl to Octane. Most of the materials are converted, but need to be tweaked. I also have to figure out how to recreate the procedural textures I had on the Blender version (the hull had a slight grunge-like texture).

Q6YerZO.png

9AT7hUS.png

cqGq6A9.png
I'm wowed everytime I see her. In my book, your design is the best direct update to the original bar none.

Save the no-grunge version here for her at launch.
The pervious versions (pre-Octane) as after a few years in space.

To me--- THE VOYAGE HOME's final scenes should have been with the Travel Pod moving over Excelsior, then swinging around to the huge Spacedock doors----which open...the TMP drydock is beyond----and your ship inside.

That's how the TOS movies should have ended.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it :)
The "grunge" texture wasn't so much grunge as a sort of paint coating look, and unfortunately Octane doesn't have the procedural texture node I used in Blender.

Progress:
-Got the rest of the lights in
-Made the blue glowys more deep blue
-Tweaked the deflector color
-Found a potential spotlight solution
GWG4sWE.png

uek9UT3.png

The lighting effects you made are so very tasteful, a little hint of blue here and there, the orange of the bussards, just right. :mallory:

Alright I've gone back to the Blender version to do some tweaking. I've decided it's time to publicly release the model, so of course I have to make some new renders! I'm planning doing some animations to show it off better too, and for that I'll probably be using a renderfarm service to save time.

Here's some to start with:
y67TJSr.jpg

Redo of an older image:
TdBQOMS.jpg

Some TMP style images:
ADvqMjH.jpg

DOyKXSQ.jpg

One with 100% self illumination only just for fun
cuhPZNf.jpg

Last edited:
Back