Yanks to remake Saxondale - Is there no end to this?!?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Tulin, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Just looking up info about the brilliant Steve Coogan on wikipedia and I see NBC plans to remake "Saxondale" for the US.

When will this madness end?!?

When will the bloody Yanks realize that a lot of the reaon these shows work in the first place is because it's about some down on his luck person with bad teeth and bad fashion who speaks with a Liverpudlian accent?!?

Nine times out of ten, when they are transplanted to the US they suddenly have two rows of blindingly gleaming huge white teeth, drive a $95,000 car and live in a studio apartment with a beautiful wife.

Why not just write a show about THAT person, rather than going to all the effort and expense of actually buying another show and removing everything that made it funny in the first place?!?

I REALLY DO NOT get it.

2. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

We can only hope the pilot dies on it's ass then. I don't see how the US could ever have anyone even close to being like the mighty Steve Coogan.

I know you mean too - this remaking Brit shows is getting ridiculous. Just show the bloody original and be done with it.

3. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Brittish people... :shakes head::cardie:

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sigh. All right, Tulin, I'll confess.

We're doing this just to annoy YOU.

And I see it's working beautifully. :rommie:

5. Caleuche

Caleuche Commander Red Shirt

Please don't tar us all with the same brush! Some of us like seeing what happens when you alter our shows, it shows up the differences in our cultures. They usually turn out so different, you end up with two shows for the price of one. Life on Mars in particular should be an interesting one, though maybe not as interesting as the Chinese version of The Office has the potential to be.

Besides if you stop remaking our shows, how will we mange to exile Simon Cowell permanently?:lol:

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Keep in mind the source of this so-called news item. Yall are stressing out over a show that most likely will never see the light of day (as is the case for most rumored shows).

Remember when everyone was freaking out over the American version of Spaced? :rommie: At least that one got kinda close...

7. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Its not the American people making the show, its Hollywood writers and producers. THEY happen to be from Uranus.

8. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Fair enough.:techman: