Yahoo Mail Problem??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gil T.Azell, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of my Yahoo mails seem to have a problem, every tim I go to it I get a warning (I use it for Online fantasy pools)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I've changed the password , with no luck, , my "junk mail get about 20 + mails from a "cocaine seller" which I promptly delete.
    and I can't seem to find out whom to report this too?
    Any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance, Bill.

2. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I had that happen with my remote work email once, on a webmail server. I think the problem is at their end and all you can do is wait for it to be resolved. Webmail managed to fix it within 6 hours. I'd leave it be for awhile and try again later.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That ca.mg4 might be the redirect. I've never seen that before & I use yahoo mail a lot.

As easily & often as yahoo mail gets hacked, I wouldn't be surprised if that's a fake version of the site.

4. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

No, because they apparently have a validated certificate, but it says www.yahoo.com instead of ca.mg4.mail.yahoo.com. There's no way a hacker can use that certificate on their own server unless they have the private key for www.yahoo.com.

Now if it identified itself as vahoo.com and hoped you didn't notice, that would be a cause for concern.

5. Kommander

Kommander Commodore Commodore

Wait... You can buy cocaine online now?

6. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I'm sure if you searched hard enough, you could buy anything you've ever thought of on line.

7. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

ca.mg4.mail.yahoo.com is a mail server for the Canadian branch of yahoo. It looks like they changed the server address or are doing extended maintenance work on it. Happened on German yahoo, too, a few years ago so that I couldn't use pop3 anymore until I changed the settings to the new server address.
    It's nothing to worry about, just a huge nuissance. You can access your mails using yahoo.com or any other national yahoo (like e.g. yahoo.co.uk) and your usual username and password. They all get their info from the same database so that you can read mail from all your accounts on any yahoo site.

If you used the ca.mg4.mail.yahoo.com for a pop3 mail access (that means downloading the mails directly to your computer with a mail software like for example outlook), then go to your yahoo site and have a look at their help index. The new pop3 settings for your operating system and mail software will be listed there.