xmas confuses kids

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by judge alba, Dec 6, 2008.

1. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

you know i was just thinking the other day at work we are always saying to kids do not talk to strangers, do not take things from strangers but stick a fat guy in a red suit and suddenly it's go tell him what you want, go get a pressy from him. no wonder kinds now days are confused.:)

either that or i've completly missed the point about christmas:)

2. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

When I was 5, I was taken to a santa's grotto.

Seeing santa was a bit special and memorable, but getting me to sit on his knee, and telling him what presents I would like, the novelty quickly wore off, and I didn't feel comfortable.

The huge wooly beard made me feel awkward talking to him, because I couldn't see this guy's face. It was just a gruff voice and two eyeballs peeping through the white wool. I found him a bit creepy.

3. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

your kids need that video, Santa Stranger Danger

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Marsha and Tiffany see your point.

[​IMG]

5. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

When it comes to strangers, the assumption is that Mom and/or Dad won't be immediately available when Captain Creep or Mr. Candy try to talk to you or give you Pez-shaped Meth.

With Santa, Mom and/or Dad will be right there and it's a sanctioned activity by them.

Kids are smart enough to understand the difference, and some, even if you don't explain it to them.

6. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I was really afraid of Santa when I was a kid for this reason. People told me he was nice and good and all that, but I've always been slightly paranoid, so I did not trust that a stranger sneaking into my house through the chimney could be a good thing. I had a hard time sleeping on Christmas Eve because I was scared he would come into my room.

7. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

i thought i was the only one. when i was younger i made sure my teddy bear would keep garud by the bed never could sleep christmas eve very well, probaly didnt help that my uncle had quite a twisted view of santa telling me santa my come down the chimeny and kill us and run away with the sweeties

8. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I don't remember ever being scared of Father Christmas (he was never called Santa when I was growing up). But then again I don't think I overly believed in him in the first place.

I didn't mind sitting on his knee as we weren't really taught to be scared of strangers back then. All we were taught is that if we became lost we were to ask for help from a policeman or a shopkeeper.