Worst nightmares

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This made me wonder - suppose any character from Trek was given the "Tapestry" treatment by Q. What pivotal time in their lives, previously mentioned in the series or not, would they be returned to? What choice would they make? How would it change their lives for the better or worse?

2. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know if it was his worse nightmare as such but when Harry Kim in 'Non Sequitur' was given a different life where he didn't get to be ensign Kim for seven seasons - he did not like it.

3. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Sisko, deciding whether to become a professional chef, or to go to Starfleet Academy.

Kor

4. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Obviously for Janeway deciding to use the Caretaker's array to go home or not

5. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Riker sent back to the Pegasus. Decides not to back Pressman. Dies when the ship wrecks, unless it happens after he has seen the wreck, & now knows how to avoid letting it wreck

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chakotay, goes back to "Dark Frontier" or any other time Janeway castrated him, stands up for himself and comes out of it a more respected human being.

7. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That decision must have haunted her, yes. In waking moments she has that nightmare where she goes to the mess for a midnight snack. Everything is dark and deserted. Then Neelix comes. She asks him where everybody is, and he turns on the light. Decaying corpes with cobwebs. Upon asking what happened to them, Neelix replies darkly : 'You didn't get them home in time.'

Brrrrr.

For Worf, it might have been that moment he accepted unjust discommendation of his family to prevent civil war in the Klingon empire. For someone to whom honour is so important it must have been a terrible moment, even though from a human perspective (his other side) it probably was a highly honourable thing to do.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  8. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

As a captain she feels guilty for putting her crew ina situation where they are in constant danger, facing the unknown, away from their families. I get the guilt

9. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Riker, the moment he drifted apart from Troi to pursue his career.

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because being lost in space is preferable to a hot girlfriend and getting to live at home (with his BFF, no less!) which is everything he ever wanted.

They really should have played up him being conflicted about whether to stay or fix the timeline.

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Jim Kirk had married that blonde lab assistant. Surely there's a place for married officers in starfleet, but certainly not on a long-range deep space mission, away from home for 5 years. I suppose he could have recruited his wife to his crew, but his adventures would surely have been different with the Mrs. along. Would he have gotten command of the enterprise? Or would he have settled for a less dangerous posting?

12. Carpathia86

Carpathia86 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hmm. Like Spock said, there are always possibilities.