Worst Episode of Star Trek: Season Two Part One

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Garth Rockett, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

The Second Round for Season One is now complete, with "The Alternative Factor" the (unsurprising) choice for TrekBBS's least favorite. It will compete against the "winners" from Seasons Two and Three. So on with the voting!

As with Season One Part One, in this round you can select the THREE episodes that are your least favorite. When this round ends, the five top vote getters will face off to decide which is the worst from Season Two. Let the voting begin!

2. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Omega Glory is by far the worst of this bunch. The rest are among my favorites, but Catspaw and Gamemasters have never been favorites of mine. I hesitate to put them in the same class as Omega Glory, which is just a couple steps above Spock's Brain in my book.

3. Garth Rockett

For me, it was Return to Tomorrow (the premise just doesn't excite me), The Omega Glory (one of the weakest of the whole series) and Assignment: Earth (not bad, but loses points for basically being another show shoehorned in to Star Trek).

4. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

There was only one "easy one". The rest aren't bad.

S2 was the best season.

5. egonbeeblebrox

egonbeeblebrox Commander Red Shirt

"Catspaw" is pretty terrible. "The Omega Glory" is pretty good until the end, which is so unbearable I have to give up on it.
    "Who Mourns for Adonais" annoys me.

6. Kagan

Kagan Commodore Commodore

Catspaw = horror-bull episode
    Who Mourns for Adonais? = god-forsaken episode
    I, Mudd = be-muddling episode

7. AdmiralGarak

AdmiralGarak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Catspaw" is completely horrid. Apart from "The Simpsons", Halloween episodes usually bore me.

"Omega Glory" for the standard reason. Frankly, I didn't much care for it before the twist ending.

"Patterns of Force". John Gill: "Hey, y'now what would make this alien civilization better? Nazis! I'll get right on it. Oh, crap, they're actingly like Nazis! I hadn't anticipated that."

8. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Who Mourns for Adonais?
    I, Mudd
    The Gamesters of Triskelion

9. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Catspaw, Patterns of Force and The Omega Glory.

10. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

Eeed Pleb Neeeesta

Assignment Earth was pretty weak.

Metamorphosis always irritates me, mosty because of the whiny Ambassador and the sappy music

11. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

There are some weak ones. Catspaw is one and is leading the poll so far which surprises me considering how utterly horrid the Omega Glory was. I'm in complete agreement with EliyahuQeoni. It's only marginally better than Spock's Brain. The only thing it had going for it in my opinion was a solid performance from Morgan Woodward.

12. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Metamorphasis, Who Mourns for Adonias? and Assignment Earth.

All you Omega Glory haters are not for talking, only for killing. :p

13. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Easy - Doomsday Machine, Trouble with Tribbles and Mirror Mirror...what do I win :lol:

Naaaaah, I was just jokin'.

I only voted for two and they really are the two most obvious ones. Not tellin' though, but I'll give you a hint - you really need a big hand to work those puppet creatures. :eek:

14. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

For me..Catspaw..a Halloween story by any other name..
    Omega Glory, the jingoistic speech at the end just ruined it for me...
    The Apple..too many sucky redshirt deaths...none died for a reason..they just...died..

15. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

:mad:

16. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

Cat's Paw, Deadly Years, and Bread and Circuses for me. They are simply my least favorite and mostly boring to me.

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Catspaw, Omega Glory & Bread and Circuses. Uhura's "Not the Sun in the sky" line is almost as bad as anything in Omega Glory.

18. Hambone

Hambone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Who Mourns For Adonais?"
    "The Apple"
    "The Gamesters Of Triskelion"

"Catspaw" doesn't bother me, I just don't care about it. When it's on I might watch. I always sort of liked "Assignment: Earth", but I'm not sure why. "The Omega Glory" has a good set-up and first three acts but it falls apart at the end. "Bread And Circuses"...meh. No strong feelings about it.

The second season was when we got most of the "parallel Earth" stories, and they're all really the same...yeah, "Earth history is full of messy situations, and we've evolved beyond all that..." big deal, okay, we get it.

19. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

I could only choose Catspaw.

The others... It was like choosing one of my children. There's something to love in all of them. So yeah, just Catspaw.

20. Garth Rockett

Personally, I prefer S1, but I agree that it's another difficult choice this season. Even though it was a little easier for me to pick three this time than last, none of the ones I dislike are as bad as The Alternative Factor. It's amazing the high level of quality TOS maintained through its first two seasons.