Worst Episode of ENT Season Four Part One

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Garth Rockett, Mar 20, 2008.

?

Which are your THREE LEAST favorites?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2008.
  1. Storm Front Part I

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Storm Front Part II

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Home

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Borderland

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Cold Station 12

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. The Augments

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. The Forge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Awakening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kir'Shara

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. Daedalus

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
  11. Observer Effect

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  12. Babel One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. United

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. The Aenar

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  15. Affliction

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  16. Divergence

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  17. Bound

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  18. In a Mirror, Darkly Part I

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  19. In a Mirror, Darkly Part II

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  20. Demons

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  21. Terra Prime

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  22. These Are The Voyages...

35 vote(s)
    72.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

This one is probably a foregone conclusion, but I'm not going to deviate from the format. You may vote for your THREE least favorites this round, with the top five going on the next round to determine the TrekBBS's least favorite from the final season of Enterprise. Past winners are:

Season One: Terra Nova
    Season Two: A Night In Sickbay
    Season Three: Extinction

2. Moocey

Moocey Vice Admiral Admiral

Stormfront parts one and two.

I'd rather watch A Night In Sickbay twice.

3. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

TATV which will get my final vote.
    Storm Front 1 and 2

4. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

Storm Front I & II and These Are The Voyages. The opening two parter is really not bad, it just makes the best of a weak premise and therefore doesn't hold up to the rest of the season through Terra Prime. The less said about TATV the better.

5. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What a great season.

TATV is a given. I also had to vote for Stormfront, which I actually enjoyed.

6. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season four was ENT's most consistent season I thought. I enjoyed the multi-part storylines they did. Most were good, if not great with the Vulcan trilogy being my favorite.

My picks for worst:

Storm Front I-it failed to carry the momentum generated by the last six episodes of season three. I didn't have a problem with the Alien Nazi cliffhanger but Coto did so very little interesting with it opting instead to go for a very dull and formulaic first hour that improved slightly in the second half. It was like Manny didn't even try.

The atmosphere was poor, the sets felt like sets which stood out and the whole time travel explanation was poorly explained and was too confusing.

Divergence-Affliction was a strong first hour but this conclusion was a major disappoint failing to capitalize on the threads in interesting ways. Section 31 looked inept and the whole rationalization for working with the Klingons I didn't buy Under scrutiny it falls apart.

Hernandez was wasted, the action was stale in the last acts, Trip returns to ENT too quickly in one of the more disappointing resets.

I did enjoy the sequence in the first act, I loved the clever explanation of why the Klingons had smooth heads and the reordering of neural patterns explained the more sophisticated Klingons we saw on TOS.

Bound-just silly. The Orions lacked the sultriness and viciousness of 60s beauties like Yvonne Craig. They looked fake and trashy. I thought the humor at the end was forced. I didn't care for T/T it felt forced as well. The story was pointless.

I left out TATV because while seriously flawed I don't find it the abomination most do. It isn't the worst ENT episode nor is it the worst Trek episode ever. There are plenty worse. Despite its shortcomings there are enough elements for me to give it a pass in this contest-the numerous well done character moments(Archer/T'Pol in Trip's quarters, Archer/T'Pol at the end, Trip/T'Pol in the shuttle, Riker/Trip at the end), the recreation of the 1701-D sets and the ship itself, and seeing two of my favorite Trek characters(Riker/Troi). I also appreciated the idea if not the execution Brannon came up with for the finale--bringing closure to the 1987-2005 era of Trek by incorporating TNG characters observing a holoprogram of the ENT crew.

7. Starpaul20

Starpaul20 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Storm Front Part I, II and These Are The Voyages... are the ones I voted for.

8. Natural

Natural Captain Captain

I'm seriously the only vote for "Daedalus"? I felt it was one of the worst Trek episodes of all time and singlehandedly derailed any progress at redemption ENT may have been making in season 4. I'm going to rewatch "Storm Front", because I refuse to believe that anything other than "Threshold" or "Code of Honor" could be as bad as "Daedalus".

9. HoundDog

HoundDog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nope.

Home
    Daedalus
    These are the Voyages

10. Blueicus

Blueicus Captain Captain

Daedalus, Bound, TATV. I'm not a B&B hater but it really really fell flat for me.

11. EMHMark613

EMHMark613 Commodore Commodore

Daedalus
    Bound
    TATV (even though I like some of the scenes; I think that the final scene, with the 3 Enterprises and Picard, Kirk, and Archer's voiceovers, was the best Series Finale ending of a Star Trek series - followed closely by TNG)

12. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

TATV
    Deadalus
    Aenar (I just thought it was boring).

I would have voted for Stormfront I & II but I hated TATV and Deadalus more and that left me with only 1 vote.

13. Blueicus

Blueicus Captain Captain

Actually with regards to TATV I really liked the last scene with Archer, Phlox and T'Pol, the rest of it was sort of "ugh". (I guess I'm more of an Archer/T'Pol person than a Tucker/T'Pol one)

14. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

TATV, obviously, but also Dud-alus and "Super!Archer! Brings Enlightenment to the Noble Savages" ;)

15. Kalen Archer

Kalen Archer Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Daedalus - I found it quite boring.

Bound - Just silly.

These Are The Voyages - A few good scenes but not the finale I was hoping for.

16. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Oh, just give it time. Just give it time!
    :rommie::rommie::rommie::rommie::rommie:

17. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I went for Daedalus too, but season 4 was pretty good. i think TATV will win this by a mile

18. Natural

Natural Captain Captain

Glad to see Daedalus getting the recognition it deserves. I voted:

Daedalus
    Bound
    TATV

I'm a bit torn on TATV. I wasn't a big ENT fan, and on its own TATV didn't seem unwatchable. But I can see how an ENT fan might find it offensive, so I tossed a vote its way.

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Daedalus (Snore!)
    Bound (Green Girls Gone Wild---give me a break!) :rolleyes:
    TATV (I don't recall the last time I was ever SO ANGRY at a television show. I actually wanted to put my foot through the TV) :scream:

20. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

How did I know that TATV would have the most votes? :lol: I am one of the few that don't mind Riker and Troi being in the episode (sorry folks, TNG is my favorite Trek series and I will never complain if I see more of it). However, IMO they should have had a post-Nemesis Riker and Troi appear (those sets were obviously not from the Enterprise D, the story doesn't fit in with the TNG episode Pegasus, etc). Here is how I voted:

Daedalus- that episode was a big yawn fest
    Observer Effect- another noncorporeal episode??? :eek: Of course I do appreciate the fact that it was refering to the Organians which we'll later see in TOS.
    TATV- Yes, I liked seeing Riker and Troi, but still voted this episode as one of my least favorite. Why? It marked the end of Trek on TV. :( And Manny Coto was making Enterprise so enjoyable- it ended too soon. And of course, Trip dies. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(