Wonder Woman(NBC) *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://wonderwomantv.com/4859/bleed...of-the-wonder-woman-script-provides-spoilers/

There is a whole list...I pulled these 2. :guffaw: at bold.

I really hate NBC right now and won't be watching this unless it makes it past the first season.

2. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess this means that people know that Wonder Woman and Diana Themiscyra are the same person. WW is what people call her when she's in uniform and Diana Themiscyra when she's not. Then on the side she lives in secret as Diana Prince? That's weird. They should eliminate the three and just go for 2 of these.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And keep the invisible jet. Just to see how this would all pan out in live-action. :techman:

4. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Huh, sounds extremely pedestrian.

It's not like revamping Diana as "interesting" would be terribly hard.

On the plus side, they actually broke away from the "Diana is a frigid, sexless crone inside" paradigm she's trapped in within the DCU; on the minus side, they did this by having her pine after that dork Steve Trevor, whose only qualifications are 1)having a penis and 2)not being able to successfully fly a plane.

Edit: oh, and Diana Themiscyra is a dumb name. I'm not "Myasishchev America" am I?

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

@Mr. Laser Beam
    Cause she just loves planes! :lol:

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vulcans are from Vulcan. :lol:

7. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I figured they would hire two different actresses; one for mousy Diana, and a taller, more muscular actress for Wonder Woman. The hook would be that every time a man lies to her, she would "woman out" and start smashing things. Then each episode would end with sad piano music as the man limps back to where ever he came from.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This project is starting to disinterest me.

9. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? I can't think of too many people who managed to do that. In fact, I can't think of anyone.

10. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

No telling how much of that will actually end up on the screen. It's still VERY early.

11. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. For instance, the sea beasties in Surface were initially going to be aliens from Venus - something that caught a lot of flack around here when it was put in the show's description when it was picked up - but that was changed when the show actually aired.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds awesome :lol:.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The truth is NBC sucks and I don't care how ridiculous the premise is for Wonder Woman...it will take a miracle for this show to make it past 10 eps. :borg:

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd just like to point out that even after all these years, Lynda Carter has still got it. :devil:

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Lynda Carter broke the mold when it comes to Wonder Woman. :D

16. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

McG still attached to bring this thing to life?

17. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

"It won't make it past 8, 10, 13 episodes" is a common knee jerk reaction around here during pilot season. It was said about The Cape, which turned out to be right, and it was said about Heroes, which turned out to be wrong.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

My reaction is not a "knee jerk" reaction. NBC doesn't do this type of show justice. I am not hoping for it's failure. :shrug:

Dude, I thought we were cool! :p

[edit] For me personally...I am gonna wait till I see something that blows my mind...I don't want to start watching and it gets pulled...I can wait. :) If it makes it past S1...then I will check it out...nothing against this project...I just hate NBC right now. :lol:

19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

They would certainly be able to get creative with camera angles...

20. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Heroes was a major success and a good show in its first season.

We are, but we can still disagree sometimes. ;)

I know you're smarting from the certain cancellation of The Cape, but is there anything NBC could have differently? The ratings just aren't there. It sucks that they're not, but a network can't keep running a show that there just isn't enough of an audience for. I mean I really wish Caprica had been renewed and Haven cancelled, but I don't rail against Syfy for doing the opposite because they just did what made sense based on the ratings.