Windows Mobile 6

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by FrontLine, Nov 6, 2007.

1. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

Ok so I finally broke down. I have been resisting the whole Treo / Crackberry thing for as long as I could. Unfortunately life (and a very pissed off customer) have forced my hand. So I searched high and low. I was a die hard PalmOS fan, but even I can see the writing on the wall. So I did my research and finally chose an HTC PPC6800 running Windows Mobile 6. But thats all I know. I have no bloody clue whats out there for WM6. The one thing I did do is download the Opera browser but thats it. So does anyone have any hints / tips / tricks / web sites to refer me to?

2. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Is Win Mobile 6 that different from 5 that would prevent older apps from running on.

You might get a few warnings that the application wasn't written for Win Mobile 6 but unless it's looking for something version specific it should run.

But for a website? Well I'd start with Microsoft's on Win Mobile 6 pages - they will often have links to other vendors sites (where the products don't compete) for apps that will run.

If nothing else you could just stick your contacts and calendar on there :)

3. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

I never used WM5, but apparently they did make a boat load of improvements with version 6. Right now Im just going nuts trying to find various utilities (tap calculators, unit conversion software, etc). But Im interested in what I dont know. Im sure there are a bunch of add-ons and utilities that fall into the 'must have' category. I just dont know what they are.