William Blackburn on Twilight Zone

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Grant, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

I had never seen TOS extra William Blackburn on anything else till last night. In the TLZ episode "On Thursday We Leave for Home"---he plays, what else, a non speaking member of a strship crew. He is best seen in the scene where James Whitmore loses his mind and tries to convice the castaways to stay on the horrible planet they are on.
    He is standing behind fellow Trek alum Tim O'Connor as Whitmore rants.
    Congrats to him in being in the two most iconic genre shows of the 1960s.

2. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I'm not positive about this, but I think he is also one of the citizens in the TZ episode, 'The Obsolete Man'.

Grant likes this.
  3. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

The other day I was watching an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents," when who should show up but Samuel T. Cogley himself, Elisha Cook, Jr., as some lowlife named Shorty.

It certainly is interesting to see Trek alumni actors in surprising roles in other shows and movies of that general era. Methinks that might possibly make for a stimulating topic for discussion.

Kor

4. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Very cool, I wil look for him on that one as well!

5. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, this one, http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/trek-guest-actors-in-maybe-surprising-roles.205921/ has been going on for quite a while.

6. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There are too many of these, often interesting pairings to keep track of I suspect, but Tim O'Connor played a significant role with the original Zefram himself, Glenn Corbett, in the failed pilot, The Stranger, along with Sharon Acker.