Why Hasn't Jolene Done Playboy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Frontier, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

So I'm sure we've all seen the various Maxim magazine photos, which leave very little to the imagination when it comes to Jolene's anatomy. Sure, they technically don't show "anything" (as in, the 'naughty bits') but they might as well! Then I happened to see the film "Slow Burn" which Jolene is in (wasn't aware of that at first) and in the film, for a few quick seconds at a couple of points, she goes beyond the maxim photos and goes topless.

So how come she hasn't followed in Tricia Helfer's footsteps and done Playboy? I mean, she's obviously not averse to nudity. So why not go for it? It would only help her career. :D

On a side note, the film "Slow Burn" is actually pretty good. Very intelligent 'thriller' (though I think the genre of thrillers conjurs up slightly-scary movies, while this was anything but; just a really good mystery).

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Generally, I hear, the reason most women with living male relatives don't do Playboy is that... Everyone in America has a subscription. So it's not a question of taboo, but "access".

How long until someone posts Bakula's Playgirl pinups?

3. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She did.

She was in one of their fashion layouts and a 20 Questions article back during 1st and 2nd season of ENT.

Now if you're asking why she doesn't do a nude pictorial, which we all know is what you are asking, I have no idea. But perhaps her husband doesn't approve of it.

I mean a nude scene in a movie usually has some story-related reason for being there. Even if the reason is often kinda lame. But a Playboy pictorial would be nudity just for the sake of showing everything you've got to anyone who wants to see. He just might have a problem with that.

Mind you, if she does one I'm buying the issue. :devil:

4. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

5. Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei Vice Admiral Admiral

Eh, doesn't count, 'cuz he didn't show the goods. :(

6. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

:scratches head: A beautiful, artful nude shoot, or a cheap ass b-movie where she acts like a skank to get a quick fuck...

If I were the husband, I'd say go with the playboy instead. Hell, if I were her husband I'd push to make the playboy photoshoot more steamy than the average playboy photoshoot. Playboy photoshoots are so... artificial, so... unsexy, so... uninteresting. The average Maxim and FHM pictorials are a LOT more interesting to look like, and the girls are actually allowed to smile give a suggestive look! Wow!

7. Duncan MacLeod

I didn't say I agreed with that reasoning. Just that it was a possiblity.

Maxim and FHM don't do nudes AFAIK. Somehow I just can't see Jolene doing a layout for High Society or Hustler. But Playboy is at least possible.

In any case, I'll take what I can get. ;)

8. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

One can always hope for a shower scene in the upcoming Starship Troopers movie. :D

9. Duncan MacLeod

Yeah but then I'd have to watch the movie. :(

As a fan of the book from way back, that movie was a joke.

A very un-funny joke. :vulcan:

Sort of like TATV. Only worse. Much, much worse. :mad:

Mind you I don't fault Jolene for doing it. I mean a job is a job, and Hollywood is not beating a path to her door. Fools that they are. :brickwall:

10. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

At the very least, a role in "a cheap ass b-movie" is still actin', which is her chosen profession.

A nude pictorial in a magazine isn't about her, or her skills (or lack thereof, dependin' on what ya think) as an actress, but rather all about her body. Sure, the Maxim pics are close, but still no cigar.

11. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

12. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

So, what?

:confused:

13. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

You're making it sound like a Playboy pictoral would be a bad thing.

14. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Not sayin' it would be a good or a bad thing, I'm just sayin' she's an actress, not a nude model. And even though she's done nudity in one role does not mean she put it all out there for a photographer, nor should her one role that had nudity be the reasonin' for askin' the question, "Why won't she do a nude spread in a magazine?"

That's just my take on it. She's an actress, and not every actress is goin' to use Playboy, Hustler or Penthouse to "further" their careers.

15. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

Plenty of actresses have done pictorals in Playboy though. I doubt she'll do it, but I for one would buy that issue. ;)

16. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I could care less whether of not she ever does Playboy. I'de be happy with just another pictorial layout. It doesn't even have to include any swim suit shots.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think she's said in the past that she would consider doing a nude scene if it was called for in the movie she was acting in at the time but she wouldn't pose naked for Playboy. I can't remember where I read that but it was probably either in the Maxim article or her 20 questions spread. I wouldn't mind seeing her in Playboy but don't really care either way.

18. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see her do Playboy. She's got a smokin' hot bod. :drool:

19. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

What has that got to do with the approval of her husband?

Sorry, but I say it again; if was her husband and had no problem with such a sex scene in a movie, than I wouldn't have a problem with her being in Playboy.

Hell, if my wife was hot enough to appear in Playboy, I'd buy out a store of them, and give them around to my friends, and make sure I always have a copy handy in the living room. See... my wife! Aren't I a lucky dog?

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah then you'd have to live with the knowledge that all of your friends are masterbating to your wife's nude photos whenever they want to instead of just imagining it. I'm sure that is a reason why Jolene doesn't want to do it...doing nudity in an obscure film that half the world hasn't seen is one thing but doing nudity for a major world magazine is quite another thing entirely. As for consultating with her husband...I think its a fair thing for her to do. After all there are reprecutions of her doing such a shoot as a I mentioned...and if they ever have any kids then they would have to discuss how they would bring it up with them. I'm not saying this is wrong for her but that there are certain hesitations that are involved in doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.