Why doesn't Amy have her own TARDIS key yet?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by DAK, Jun 10, 2010.

1. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

I mean, Rose had hers by what, episode 4? What's a girl gotta do to earn a key? :shrug:

2. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think Sarah EVER had a key.

Different Doctors, different eras, etc. :techman:

3. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Because if you're trying to convince Rory that there's nothing going on between you and his fiancee, her having the keys to your house might be a tad difficult to explain.

Of course, that isn't a problem now, but the Doc's likely still feeling too guilty to worry about silly issues like keys.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering why he still uses a key at all. He knows now all he has to do is snap his fingers.

Or does he just keep that for special occassions, like when he wants to impress a girl? ;)

5. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    A BJ gets the key for a one time out sort of thing, but nookie will get the key for longer.

6. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rose got hers far too easy. A companion should have to really earn it.

Besides, I think the Doctor realises there is something very odd about Amy underneath it all and is holding back for that reason.

7. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

Heh, good point. :lol:

He wouldn't have to ask me twice. :devil:

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually agree that Rose got her too early which thinking back on it now seems strange for the Doctor's behavior. He wasn't looking for another companion only to stop the Nestene and the Autons. The fact that he seems relatively eager to travel with her after wards (he's lonely obviously) and trusting of her too to give her a key makes him seem desperate a little. Maybe he was just testing her to see how she would react.

Amy doesn't need a key. She wants to travel with the Doctor and has been waiting her entire life to do so. She also takes her cues from the Doctor moreso than maybe recent companions have but isn't afraid to stand up for herself or go head strong into danger.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I'd give Amy a key to my house, my car, my mailbox and my heart.

10. Admiral_Young

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

She doesn't need a key, she proved in the Beat Below she's quite adept at picking locks...

Personally I think the Doctor is worried she might nip in and nick his telly or something...

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I saw her first! :scream:

Actually I didn't cos I was out when they made the announcement. My girlfriend texted me to advise she was red haired and Scottish...then said I wasn't going to be allowed to watch Dr Who anymore :lol:

13. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

From the way I remember it, Rose only got the key as a distraction method - but Martha and Jack had them too...

Different Doctors, different decisions. It's all good.

14. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Why is everyone saying that 10's catch phrase was "I'm sorry, i'm so sorry...", it was Alonze!

15. Admiral_Young

Wait a minute since when did the Doctor give Jack a Tardis key and why would he when he's done his best to avoid him like the plague? Amy might be adept at picking locks but I doubt she'd be able to pick the lock on a Tardis. Also this might be obvious now but if she had been given a Tardis key the entire plot for the episode "The Lodger" tonight would be rendered nonexistent :)

16. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

Jack let himself into the TARDIS in "Bad Wolf"; that's how he figured out where Rose went.

In "Vampires of Venice" the Doctor tells Amy and Rory to go wait for him in the TARDIS, so maybe she does have a key and they just didn't make a big production out of him giving it to her? Also, at the end of that episode she just opens the door; the Doctor never unlocked it for her. Maybe the TARDIS just lets in whoever she wants, and the key isn't really needed at all. She did lock the Doctor out in "The 11th Hour".

17. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

And he still has the key centuries later in "The Sound of Drums," since the Doctor uses it to make Jack a perception filter. Pretty impressive!

18. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

It was both.

19. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ And it's "Allons-y", if my French is right. :)

20. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

how'd you work that out?