Why does Midnight's Edge have such a hate boner for Discovery?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by PixelMagic, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Seriously. What the hell is with those guys? I'm cautiously optimistic about Discovery. But those guys have videos going back over a year bashing it. They also take what I know to be nothing more than fan speculation and report it as fact. They are full of it.

2. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Uh, they're twats?

It's a solid working hypothesis.

Mr. Laser Beam, BillJ, NOVE9 and 6 others like this.
  3. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They ripped a report off of reddit on the behind the scenes mess on Ghostbusters, made a video about it being rubbish and then struck gold when it turned out to be a stinker. Since then people treat them as in the know. In reality they have scoured the internet for various stories about the development delays for Discovery, including Fuller’s departure, and used them to predict it will stink.

The long and the short of it is that they are more skilled at how they present their internet sourced rumour and so people treat them as authoritative. In reality they are just another speculation channel looked for clicks through controversy.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They
    I wouldn't go that far but they do seem to have made up their minds already. Since it's only a tv show I wouldn't though see that as a knock on them as human beings. I got to admit I have had shows were I am pretty sure it's going to suck even though I know I will never watch it. "Fuller House" being just one example. Only difference is I never cared about the first "Full House" so it's not like the show sucking is connected to anything I once or still loved to watch. That's the difference between having a opinion and wanting to share your opinion with Youtube video's.

Jason

5. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I would not be surprised if their “sources” on Discovery were Doug “Para Mobius” Fitz and Fred Archer.

6. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

In two days we'll all get to decide for ourselves anyway.

7. PixelMagic

In one video they discuss a talking point directly from Doug Fitz. No doubt about it.

8. Campe

Doug blocked me a long time ago on Facebook. I’ve seen a few of his “talking points” on Disco but certainly not all of them.

9. PixelMagic

He doesn't live in objective reality. Then Midnight's Edge takes these loony fan theories or speculation about Discovery or Beyond and runs with insanity, presenting it as fact. Doug Fitz said that Star Trek Beyond would "never ever get made" and here we are.

10. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I just tried to watch one video that was made recently. Had to turn it off. So negative. I'll judge Discovery when I see it.

Philip Guyott, Campe and BillJ like this.
  11. Warp Core Breach

Warp Core Breach Commodore Commodore

Who?

BillJ likes this.
  12. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Pandering to the negative expectations of a rabid fanbase is a guaranteed way to get views.

Vger23 likes this.
  13. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I don't even give any Trek vloggers clicks anymore. They are all pretty much pandering for money.....Trekyards even ran a crowdfunding campaign for a trip. Are real jobs not an option anymore?

BillJ likes this.
  14. Thefallguy

Thefallguy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Welcome to the club! :bolian:
    Archer blocked me also a while ago. Those guys are unbelievable...

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Doug Fitz, Leslie Owens, Fred Archer... they all have issues. When you're a member of a Facebook group called "We hate the Star Trek Reboots & related JJ content + ST Discovery" (and "real Star Trek" and "TrekVerse") you've gotta have a few screws loose. It's literally a hate group, but instead of black people, Muslims or gay people, they hate and condemn versions of Star Trek they don't like. Over and over again.

Since 2009.

Let that sink in.

seigezunt, KennyB and BillJ like this.
  16. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well it will technically take a little longer because you got to get more episodes under your belt before making a more permanent opinion.

Jason

17. Campe

Star Trek is different things to different people. I respect that we won’t always agree with everyone’s opinion on what this means but I am so perplexed by this attitude of “if you don’t agree with me, you’re not a True Star Trek fan.” It’s not just the Fitz brigade, which is why these Midnight’s Edge videos are so dangerous. I doubt there’s any real truth to this, but there are “several” posters on the Disqus comments at TrekCore who suggest there’s basically a secret cabal of posters here at TrekBBS who have apparently been “here” since the beginning (not sure what exactly the “here” implies) and have made so many sweeping declarations for fandom... via PM. If ever it comes that the Fitz/Midnight’s Edge/“secret cabal” viewpoint becomes anything less than a vocal minority? Well, I’m not sure I’ll want to be a real Star Trek fan any longer.

18. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If anyone wants to add me to the Secret TrekBBS Cabal™, PM me.

:shifty:

seigezunt, KennyB, BillJ and 3 others like this.
  19. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

Cabals are so mainstream these days.

20. Campe

Me too!

:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.