Why Didn't Chewie Or Rey Clean The Falcon Windows?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Pubert, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

Rey had enough time to get a nice new set of clothes on before she boarded the Falcon with Chewie and Artoo yet the windows on the cockpit were just as filthy as they were when she found the Falcon. You would think Rey or Chewie would quickly get a bucket of water and soap and clean the outside and interior of the windows. I mean the exact same dirt was there when they jumped into light speed to find Luke. Also I really hope they clean the Falcon as a whole. It looks junkier than it did in the OT. A little scrubbing on the outside and the interior would do wonders.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Maybe that was Han's job?

3. Pubert

Well Han was dead at that point. Rey is obviously getting the ship. She should have cleaned those windows or had Chewie do it.

4. sojourner

As you said, Han is dead. Maybe they hadn't thought about reassigning his responsibilities.

5. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it is etched into the window via lightspeed, and can't be cleaned off.

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Of course, there probably only was that one rendered model of the falcon, so cleaning it on the real model would have created a continuity error.

7. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

They were out of Space Windex.

Turbo likes this.
  8. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Wookiees don't do windows.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Everyone knows that if you clean off one part it just makes the rest look dirtier.

Bagofmostlywatr likes this.
  10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Not to be That Guy, but there's no spoiler warning in the thread title, FWIW.

11. Pubert

Crap. You're right.

12. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Dunno, I bought new clothes last month, I last cleaned my windows ten years ago. I am not sure how those can be compared. And presumably they didn't spend much time in the Falcon when they were on the ground.

So they could have walked in and thought “Oh, damn, we forgot to clean the damn windows. Chewie, will you do it for me while I climb that mountain to see Luke? That way we can put it on the budget for the second film.”

13. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^I imagine you clean the windshield of your car a little more often, tho.

14. Pubert

Right we all clean the windows on our cars quite frequently. It looks like the dirt was mostly inside because I suspect anything outside may get cleaned by going into light speed. It would have taken them only about 15 to 20 minutes to clean those windows off. Sheeesh.

15. doylem1

doylem1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Maybe Rey could have slipped on a saucy french maid outfit as well. Pulled out the vacuum cleaner and duster and gave the Falcon a good going over. Then slipped on an apron, cooked Chewie a nice meal and then fetch his pipe and slippers from him.
    If you compare the Prequels to the OT the hero ships went from nice and shiny to worn and battle scarred. I guess JJ wanted to keep this aspect so left the Falcon dusty.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought TFA didn't use any computer animation at all? I remember a lot of talk about how 'real models are coming back'. Did they use any CGI at all for this film?

17. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Two words-space dust.

18. sojourner

Not sure where you read that. It was all CGI for the ships in flight. Now, JJ made a point of use practical sets when he could unlike Lucas' green screen extravaganza.

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

We all know what happens when we clean our cars they become a magnet for dirt and dust and birds to take aim at. ;)

20. Pubert

How does that explain the dirt in the inside. The window were always nice and clean in the OT movies. Well hopefully they will clean them for the next movie.