Why Did You Join TBBS?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kestra, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I figure there's the other thread, but I want to know why people joined TBBS (or whatever your first forum was, if you prefer).

I was on Memory Alpha one day when I read something that said that Memory Alpha was not the place to discuss Star Trek. They pointed to another forum, called the Subspace Comms Network for those who were interested in discussing Trek.

I was blown away. People, on the internet, talking about Star Trek?! Keep in mind Enterprise had ended at this point so I was late to the game. People on that forum mentioned TBBS so I ended up joining here as well.

I've stayed because I love knowing people who are out of the box, enjoy some of the same interests as me, and are intelligent. The conversation is great and not a whole lot weirds you people out.

So that's my story. What's yours?

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started visiting TrekToday and I noticed the threads that people had created to discuss the news items.

3. think

think About it! Premium Member

I have no idea just a down grade from star trek , dot com @ cbs go figure I was known as cbs at startrek.com so why I left i do not know... go figure I have no idea ahhhhhh I know now it was the free and constant bombardment of advertisements that drew me in ,,, like sorta ,,, OK>>>

4. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

It was so long ago I don't remember.

5. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I came here for the beer. I was promised free beer. If I don't get any beer, I'm going to have to look elsewhere.

6. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't remember. I think it had something to do with Enterprise, a show I watched during its first season and stopped watching a few episodes into its second. The break between the two seasons is when I joined up so it probably was related. But beyond that I just can't recall anymore.

7. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

C'mon old man, think! Think!

You can have all the beer here. I hate it.

8. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I remember seeing a link from another board or something like that. So long ago now.

9. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

:beer: Why thank you.

10. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

My boyfriend at the time was a member and introduced me to the forums. I wouldn't have actually signed up except that I wanted to read a thread he had written in Miscellaneous and at that time the Misc. forum was only visible to members. I found plenty of other interesting threads in Misc. and stayed here mostly for that reason.

11. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Despite not being much into Trek I saw that it was pretty much an all around sci-fi/fantasy board and joined up to discuss LOST, Enterprise and BSG.

12. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Didn't have anything better to do. As soon as I find something, I'm out.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I joined because I was 14, I just discovered the internet, and I felt like learning more about Star Trek Voyager and posting my fanfic for people to read.

14. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

I started reading TT because I was pitching to VOY at the time, and was trying to keep up from the other side of the world. There were links. So I investigated this forum thing, and lurked on the Future of Trek forum, then after a few years joined to contend some of the sillier arguments. After a while, and getting fed up with the same idiots going round and round, thought I'd investigate more forums. I've wasted so much time here now... :(

15. RegFan

RegFan Commodore Commodore

I think I found a link to this site on Memory Alpha. I lurked here for a couple of months at first. Shortly after joining, I started playing the games in the lounges, which is what I do the most here nowadays. I've stayed because of the community.

16. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I originally stumbled upon this board during Enterprise's first season. My family had finally gotten the internet hooked up to our computer (I have no idea why we waited so long), and I was looking around for reviews of the latest episodes. That in turn led me to this board.

After a few months of lurking, I tried to register, but for some reason I was unsuccessful (I'm not sure why... maybe my browser was set to not accept cookies or something. I was quite the internet novice). I tried again a couple years later and again was unsuccessful. After several more years of lurking, I finally managed to sign up in early 2009.

Why did I join? Well... would it be too obvious to say it was because I love Trek? Also, after years of lurking, I got to know the board pretty well, and it seemed like a fun place, so I thought I'd get in on some of that action.

17. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I was bored and depressed.

18. SVD

SVD Captain Captain

The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
    After I saw the Abrams Trek movie, my interest in Star Trek was renewed enough to want to join a board. This has become my home message board as of late since my old home, 9thwonders.com, feels like a melancholic ghost town since Heroes was canceled, with hopes fading fast for a continuation of the universe after a rather large can of worms was opened in its last episode.

Besides, the company I've found here seems more level headed, a better fit for someone 23 going on 43 :lol:

19. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

To talk Trek. Voyager and DS9 were on and I wanted to discuss them.

20. MetalPants

MetalPants Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First time I joined was because I was new to this whole bulletin board thing and just was looking for topics that I liked.

Second time- a lot of my friends from Terran bbs had quit posting over there and were only posting here.