Why did they give Annie Wersching that stupid hairdo in 'Oasis'?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by MrPointy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

It's that same pudding bowl cut that ruined Kes in Voyager and the entire Vulcan/Romulan races in TNG onwards. I mean, if Rene Auberjonois' character could create so many holograms, then he'd have had something more advanced than a Suck N Cut.

I know some of you watch 24 so you'd know what I mean. I mean, goddamn.

I think Trip (R.I.P.) might have had a thing for women with bowl cut hairdos. First there was Liana, then of course T'Pol. Though that would not explain the lizard woman from 'Unexpected', or the shapeshifter from 'Two Days and Two Nights'.

2. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I don't watch "24," (seriously dislike it, in fact), but I've seen her in it and I must say you're 100% right.

I guess they just wanted to make her look like a girl, thus smothering a beautiful woman that she is.

Come again? :wtf::klingon: (:lol:)

3. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

[​IMG]

With that face, and those exquisite cheekbones, I don't think you could smother her beauty no matter what hairstyle you gave her. I think she looked great.

Could it be that this was her actual hairstyle in 2002? (I don't know.)

She was playing an innocent, so the idea of giving her an appropriate look was a good idea, if that was the case.

4. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

She looked great. As did her haircut. I don't see the problem here.

5. The Academic

The Academic Commander Red Shirt

I second that.
    She could wear a gas mask and would still be a looker! ;)

6. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    I think the hairdo's not only fine, it's really cute and highlights her cheekbones.

7. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

I think the hairdo is unflattering. Annie Wersching is cute enough to work with it and I understand that it's supposed to make her look innocent and all, but I still don't like it.

[​IMG]

8. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

She is very beautiful!

...And I don't think the "real" Annie looks like Liana, the sweet, sheltered girl of "Oasis." The short hair, less makeup, no earrings, etc., definitely helped to define the character, IMHO.

9. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The hairdo looks fine to me (though she looks lovely with long hair, too)...and by the way, it's not a bowl cut! Y'all need to bone up on your fashion terms. ;)

10. Captain Tuvok

Captain Tuvok Cadet Newbie

Hi all - new to the boards. And since, I'm going thru all of trek again, and I'm right past this episode, it's fresh on my mind. I agree that that hair wasn't the best style, but she is definately nice looking. And when we first see her, I swore I was looking at Kes for a half a second.

11. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

That was her? Jeez, has 24 become a refuge for people who used to work on ENT?

12. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Hint: Coto/Braga ;)