Which resolution would you prefer? SPOILERS, BIG ONES

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by SG-17, May 14, 2011.

?

Read the thread first.

1. Option 1

17.9%
  2. Option 2

3.6%
  3. Option 3

21.4%
  4. Option 4

28.6%
  5. Option 5

7.1%
  6. Option 6

14.3%
  7. Something else

7.1%
  1. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Mallozzi listed 6 possible outcomes to the cliffhanger at the end of Gauntlet on his blog, which would you prefer to see (read, whatever form SGU may continue in, if it ever does)?

Option 1:
    Eli fixes the pod

Option 2:
    Eli taps some hitherto unexploited power reserve which allows him to extend life support for three years

Option 3:
    Eli manages to survive the three-year trip by routing sufficient power to keep life support active in the shuttle

Option 4:
    Eli fails to fix the pods or extend life support, so he survives by sitting in the chair and uploading his consciousness to Destiny‘s computer

Option 5:
    Rescue comes in the form of some outside force, such as a new portable power supply from Earth (which has figured out how to dial Destiny in the intervening three years)...

Option 6:
    ...or an advanced military contingent of the crew’s descendants (from “Common Descent” and “Epilogue”)

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/...lternate-ending-for-stargate-universe-finale/

2. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

Man this is good. I actaully thought about some of those outcomes.

3. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

SGU is supposed to be more realistic...I would have gone with Eli dies.
    If this was any of the other SG series I would have gone with Eli ascends.

Or I would have gone with storing Eli in the Stargate buffer.
    But since I only have 6 options, option 4 fits the series best. It allows us to do the Dave Bowman thing....where's his body....he's dead and comes back as Hal2000 controlling the ship in later episodes and using a hologram to show himself.

I'm glad the series is done. It would have been better received as a Many Series. That would have allowed them to gauge the public interest while not risking millions or reputation.

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm still down with Option 7: Eli realizes there's enough space for two people to fit in one of those pods. He spends the next three years snuggling with Chloe.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Eli fails to fix the pods or extend life support, so he survives by sitting in the chair and uploading his consciousness to Destiny‘s computer

This sounds cool :techman:

TBH I want to know about the end of Destiny's mission what the hell is that structure its heading too, it sounded like a fantastic idea to go with :( I NEED TO KNOW :p

6. SG-17

Mallozzi also said that Wright was going to reveal that at a time of his choosing.

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My vote is 7, but is a variation of 5. SOme kind of alien race boars the ship & take Eli (or do something with him), and power up the ship. The result is that when the crew wakes up, they think Eli is gone and that they have been invaded. Eli is revealed after the opening credits & commercial are completed.

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Well reveal it now! I want to know! lol

9. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

I'm pretty sure Mallozzi didn't actually say that Brad was going to reveal it, only that he wouldn't and he'd leave it for Brad to do if he chose to. I seriously doubt he will, however.

10. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Option 3. Option 4 seems too obvious and easy, even though it is probably the most likely outcome. Option 3 sounds like it would make for a more interesting story to tell.

11. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

option one.

12. ngc7293

ngc7293 Commander Red Shirt

It has to be option 1.
    Everything else uses power they don't have, even activation of the gate.

I hated the show when I was reading about it on the SYFY forum. Its sillyness grew on me. At least it is gone.

People say SGA should be back but a lot of shows end in 3-5 years Just because SG1 went 10 doesn't mean SGA needed to also. SGU suffered long enough. I'm glad it was put out of its misery.

13. SG-17

You should really watch season 2 before you make judgements like that. The latter half had some of the best episodes of Stargate ever.

14. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed.
    I think SG:U should have been renewed for at least half a season or a full one in order to tie things up properly...
    Then again, I also think that 'Gauntlet' managed to pull it off relatively nicely.

Wouldn't it be interesting that after 3 years the show is suddenly renewed?
    :D
    Now THAT would be cruel... although I suppose a pleasant surprise.
    As for Eli... that depends on if he's to survive or not.
    If not, then it's obvious (fails to fix the pod and subsequently dies, fixes the pod but it breaks down and kills him, or pick from various other variations on the theme).

15. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I vote for Option 3
    For several reasons. One, it doesn't require a solution from the outside to rescue Eli. Instead, it's his own ingenuity. Two, it's thinking outside the box a bit by using the shuttle inconjunction with, presumably, power from the main ship. Three, it involves a fair amount of sacrifice on Eli's part as he is essentially imprisoned in a small area by himself for 3 years. That makes for good drama and advances the character.

Mr Awe

16. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I chose option six. Mostly because of how great the two episodes with the descendent's where. Also it would take care of TJ's impending ALS.

17. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Option 3 sounds the most interesting to me, but I'm fine with the current ending.

18. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

Option 3. It requires a great deal of sacrifice to essentially die in your physical body and having only your consciousness remaining.

Also, provides some mystery for the crew when they reawaken only to find Eli apparently missing.

19. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean Option 4? Option 3 involves using the shuttle.

And it wouldn't that be that big a mystery if he was apparently missing. He was expected to die anyway; the natural conclusion would be that he spaced himself.

20. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

This is what I thought before reading this thread, for exactly this reason.