Which of these dramatic TNG Movie Scenes is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Vger23, Jan 2, 2019.

?

What TNG movie scene is your favorite?

1. Rene and Robert have burned to death... (GEN)

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Jean Luc, blow up the damn ship (FC)

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. We're only moving 600 people (INS)

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Your heart, hands, eyes are the same (FC)

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, not "pick a scene from your favorite movie"...try to view these in a bubble.

These are dramatic scenes...not action or adventure scenes. Let me know what you think!

2. Vger23

This one is pretty easy for me. I think the entire sequence with Lilly Sloan and Picard in the observation lounge is not only the best dramatic scene of the TNG movies...it's also the best scene in the entire TNG film franchise regardless of how you classify it (action, drama, etc).

3. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Seeing Picard's reaction to his brother's and his nephew's death was heart-wrenching.

4. Kilana2

Lilly opened Jean-Luc eyes to many things.... I also liked Picard's Captain Ahab reference. Considering the fact that Patrick Stewart once was Captain Ahab.

Henoch and Vger23 like this.
  5. Henoch

Henoch Glowing Globe Premium Member

Stewart quoting Moby Dick was mesmerizing to transition the scene from yelling and anger to peace and calm. It even took Lily by surprise that she won the argument.

Vger23 and Kilana2 like this.
  6. Vger23

Yes...it's a goosebump worthy moment. Love it.

Henoch likes this.
  7. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't really care for any of those, but when dealt lemons, pick Picard and Lilly.

8. plentode

plentode Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have to go with the Generations scene. I love the First Contact scenes, but watching Stewart's breakdown is only of the four options that emotionally affected me. The Insurrection scene is a good Picard speech example, nothing more. Not that it's without its merits and power...

9. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

No option from Nemesis?

Galileo7 likes this.
  10. Kilana2

My favorite Nemesis scene is Data singing Blue Skies.....

Smellmet likes this.
  11. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

all of those are great but got abit of a thing for Nemesis - 'oh yes...I know you..there was a time when you looked to the stars.. and dreamed of what might be...'

12. Smellmet

As much as I like that scene I don't think it quite qualifies as 'dramatic' as per the OP's intention with the thread. I would day if we're talking nemesis, it's either the scenes where Picard is back on the bridge immediately following Data's death, the wedding speech, Shinzon's introduction, or the small gathering in Picard's quarters at the end.

Vger23 likes this.
  13. Kilana2

Yep. Even Shinzon's death. But alas his death is not the most dramatic one. I prefer the deaths of Khan and Kruge.

Smellmet likes this.
  14. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I agree, that is a emotional scene

Smellmet likes this.
  15. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Nemesis. Ending on board the 1701-E, in drydock [like TMP 1701-Refit] being repaired, Picard and B-4 made me want one more TNG film.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Smellmet likes this.
  16. Vger23

I made a mistake labeling the last option as "FC". That scene was supposed to be from NEM. It's when Picard talks with Shinzon's hologram in the ready room.

17. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

"Jean-Luc blow up the damn ship!"

If we saw Picard's family at the beginning of GEN, or there was a flashback, and then Picard was crying, it would work better. As it is, I know it's tragic for Picard and that's the way the character should act, but in terms of the film, I don't think -- at face value -- you should introduce the guy who's supposed to replace Kirk in these movies and have him in tears right off the bat. Especially if there's no build up. I think it's part of why we got Rambo Picard in the later movies. They were overcompensating for Generations by going too far the other way. "Picard's not a wimp. He's a Macho Man! He'll blast you full of bullets!"

I don't care about the Baku, and I keep thinking about the trailer, so that guts "We're only moving 600 people!" And Tom Hardy... I tried to suspend disbelief but it takes me out of it when they bring up his eyes. No, he doesn't look anything like Patrick Stewart! Holding it up to a microscope by saying "Look!" makes it worse.

Kilana2, Henoch and Vger23 like this.
  18. Smellmet

Ah yes of course. My bad. I do like that scene also.

Vger23 likes this.
  19. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Damn love the Lilly Picard scene.

Kilana2 likes this.
  20. Kilana2

Tom Hardy might have worked in another role. Or Jonathan Rhys-Myers. Both as villains, but not as Picard clone.
    Patrick Stewart's son has his hairstyle, but is much taller. So he wouldn't have worked as clone either. The whole clone story was odd. I would have liked to have seen Tomalak in Nemesis. Andreas Katsulas' facial expressions are unrivaled among the actors who portrayed Romulans. Spock would say 'fascinating'. :vulcan:

Lord Garth likes this.