Which main characters did you wish had more screen time?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Good Will Riker, May 27, 2007.

1. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

2. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

TOS:
    Sulu and Uhura, because they got the shaft. I also voted for McCoy, because out of the Big Three he had the least to do in the films, where he took a backseat to Kirk and Spock, and although loved and respected, was treated like "a third banana." The only time McCoy actually outshined Spock in the films was in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, but that was it. :borg:

TNG:
    Riker should have gotten a lot more exposure, and should have been at the center of all the action as the first officer...but he was practically relegated to just being a 2-dimensional "Yes Man" in all 4 TNG films. Worf had very little to do in GEN, and was turned into a buffoon in INS and NEM. Beverly was practically invisible in the films, like her overall participation as an actress during TNG's 2nd season. :borg:

3. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The continued devaluation of Riker accelerated during the TNG features. He could have easily been cut from the films without affecting the plots.

And the same goes double for Beverly, who is a glorified extra by the time NEM rolls around. Sigh....

Then again, 75% of the TNG films were lousy, so these issues were only a small part of the problem.

as for the TOS crew - say what you will about the lousy Trek V, but they at least gave all of the characters a few moments in the spotlight. In Trek VI, Uhura and Chekov might as well not even have been there.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Geordi, Beverly, and Troi could have used some more screentime in the TNG films.

In the TOS films, I'd say that Uhura, Chekov, and Sulu could have used more screentime, although I think they all ended up with plenty of interesting things to do when it was all said and done--certainly more than their TNG counterparts got.

5. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Chekhov and Sulu for TOS. I am always a big fan of Chekhov so any more screen time for him is good.

Geordi and Beverly for TNG. Beverely was pretty much an interchangeable character for the 4 TNG movies. Nurse Igawa could've done everything she did in those movies.

6. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sulu, Uhura and Chekov could have had more to do in the TOS movies, but Sulu got to be Captain in TUC and Uhura got her fan dance in TFF so Chekov was probbly the most neglected character.

I thought that Crusher and Troi didn't do much the TNG movies.

7. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

^Crusher and Troi should've gotten a lot more screen time. And Uhura definitely should've!

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Chekov had a rather largish part in TWOK, if you'll recall.

9. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have no opinions for TOS, but I would be happy to see more of Data. Well, he is my favorite character, so what else would I say? Geordi and Riker are also pretty funny, so I'd want to see more of them too.

10. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

They were the 3 characters I wanted to see more of during the 1st season back in 1987-1988.

Riker for being the most "Kirk-like." Data for taking on the mantle of "Mr. Spock." La Forge, because I was a big fan of "Reading Rainbow" while growing up in elementary school during the 1980's.

11. Steve Gennarelli

Steve Gennarelli Lieutenant Red Shirt

Beverly should have been better utilized. Those TNG movies needed more romance in them....as did the TOS films for that matter.

12. RColtrane

RColtrane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

RED SHIRTS in TOS!! They deserved more screen time before dying:ouch:

13. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Do you include Saavik as a main character? Because she really needed some more on screen time.

14. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

Chapel in the movies.

Pauln6 likes this.
  15. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Steve, I've told you before about the rules. Do not resurrect a thread this old.
    And I quote...
    - Resurrecting dead threads. If you find a thread that has not had a post in it in over a year, don't post in it. Start a new thread instead. You can, if necessary, link back to the old thread if something crucial is in the thread.
    I've let a few of these resurrections go, but Steve, this is not the first time I've friendlied you. Please do not resurrect any more threads like this. Look at the date and if it's over a year old, don't post in it! This thread had not been posted in for ten years. Please take note of dates.

16. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel like between TWoK & TVH, Chekov got more screen time than Sulu. Sulu didn't really get much of anything until TUC, & Uhura got considerably less than both. So I'll vote for Sulu & Uhura in the TOS films

As for the TNG films... I WISH Geordi had gotten more, given he's the chief engineer, but Beverly got shanked the most... however, there's a good reason for that. Without a considerably medical centric plot to be involved with, she's as boring as shit. At least Troi could work a little bit of comic relief here & there

As for recurring characters I'd liked to have seen a bit more... Barkley for TNG, & especially Sarek for TOS. I just love that guy

17. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS: Scotty, Sulu, Uhura
    TNG: Crusher, Troi, La Forge