Where's the McFarlane Discovery toys at?!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by starfleettanner, Mar 10, 2019.

1. starfleettanner

starfleettanner Ensign Newbie

Just curious...we know about the phaser issue that was discussed last year, with the various laws concerning toy firearms, but I've not heard much anything else concerning the status of the REST of the Discovery toy line...has there been any indication whether McFarlane toys WILL start making Discovery toys or not?

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Verified Disney Princess Moderator

I want that phaser.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

5. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Its stupid that they are saying they couldn't work out "legal issues" with the Phaser despite Anovos and another company both making replicas.

Im thinking about looking into 3D printing.

6. drt

drt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've read that QMx is also concerned they may need to do additional orange for their replica, which seems to be similarly trapped in limbo - not sure why Anovos isn't having issues, maybe due to the high price and low number being produced? I also beleive they are selling it direct and not using their extended distributors, which I could see playing a role. Rubies Costumes is also supposed to have a toy version, but it hasnt materialized either - their TOS and '09 phasers are pretty fluorescently colored, so likely a rattlecan of Krylon will be needed if their Disco phaser ever sees the light of day.

7. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Premium Member

Almost certainly. I just an ad for an Anovos Stormtrooper rifle, and in addition to it being shipped unassembled and molded in bright orange plastic, it had a "THIS IS A REPLICA PROP, NOT A TOY" disclaimer.

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Amusing, considering that prop, along with pretty much every other weapon-like prop in the early Wars movies were made from actual blank-firing weapons, some dating back to WWII. The Stormtrooper weapon is based off a British Sterling SMG. They also used WWII German MG-34’s, MG-42’s and STG-44’s, among many others.

This whole red muzzle thing pisses me off. IIRC, it all started because cops kept shooting kids who were playing with toy squirt guns or some such. I don’t think any other country has such an idiotic law. Or cops that can’t tell the difference between a Glock 17 and a fucking phaser. :mad:

drt likes this.
  9. drt

drt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If i were a criminal i'd paint my gun fluorescent orange to avoid suspicion.