Where's [insert character or ship name here]?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Lorcan Kelly, Oct 6, 2019.

?

Which hero ship would you most like to see in Picard?

1. Enterprise (specify registry)

41 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. Voyager

17 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. Defiant

24 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Discovery

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Other (please specify)

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt they're still married at the time of the show, I'm pretty sure we would have seen some sign of her in the trailers if they were.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Beverly could still be active in Starfleet. That might explain why she's not there.

3. Boris Skrbic

Boris Skrbic Commodore Commodore

Not quite. The point of this forum is to keep trying to answer the same unanswerable questions decades after release, for as long as the forum exists. Since there will be more than enough of those, why inflate discussion and generate pre-release hype? You really want to experience PIC cold, when it pops up on your streaming service and you’d already forgotten the release date: one can then form an impression of the show without the distractions of trailers and other people’s (possibly premature) excitement.

4. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

YMMV, remember this forum was here when we still had new DS9 episodes on, let alone voyager.

Due to the multi month wait to see them in the UK I didn’t partake (that’s what UMTSS was for), however rampant speculation and hype of upcoming episodes and films was key. I even recall one premium rate phone number in the UK you could dial to get rumours or news of what was coming up

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

FYI: McFadden is scheduled to appear at Shore Leave this summer.

6. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Commander Red Shirt

I think that Sub Rosa gets talked about so much, just because of how bad was.

Usually ones that bad are in the first couple of seasons as a show, that was in season 7.

7. Boris Skrbic

See, I could understand that in case of speculation tied to B5, Lost or nBSG, maybe even DS9, but this is only PIC, which as far as we know is a Bermanverse/Abramsverse/DSC kind of spinoff that doesn’t evoke any kind of arc-based storytelling with revelations that aren’t telegraphed. We will see the bits suggested by the trailer and the story will be told across a season or two, over the course of which we’ll probably find out something about all of the major TNG characters, and in the meantime I can watch Lost in Space S2, The Wire or whatever. PIC could be really good or it could feel off: we don’t know and I’d rather not dial up interest in advance.

8. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

Feel free not to read or post in topics that are blatently about speculation, like "where is Crusher"

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Could be, but I would think if she was still a part of Picard's life we would have seen some sign of her in the trailer, or at least heard about an appearance or something by now. I guess they could be keeping something quite for a big reveal during the show, but this seems to me like the kind of thing they would promote.

10. Sidewinder

I actually laughed when she vaporized him even though it was supposed to be an emotional moment for her that she didn't want to have to do.

Everything about that episode was just wrong and it's not worth watching again.

11. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

You're right and wrong at the same time. It's in the "so bad it's good" category. Just like "Spock's Brain". It's not worth watching again at all, if you plan on taking it even remotely seriously. But if you go in knowing how stupid it is, it's a lot of fun.

Sidewinder likes this.
  12. Boris Skrbic

Yes, but I’m curious why JD and others are interested in constructing a vision of this beforehand (it’s easy to be correct in some areas and thereby generate inadvertent personal spoilers), as opposed to letting yourself be surprised by whatever is revealed — and then carry on with speculation on whatever is left. It’s just Beverly and where she’s at, not the origins of the Hobus event or something much less likely to be covered.

13. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll be intersted in hearing some more news about who from TNG maybe appearing in season 2 I hope Gates McFadden will appear in Picard.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Sidewinder and Mr. Laser Beam like this.
  14. Sidewinder

Good point. Unintentional humor is sometimes the best. My brother got me Tommy Wiseau's "The Room" for Christmas and I fully intend to watch that and enjoy how awful it is.

Kitty Worrier and Lord Garth like this.
  15. DelzCrusher

DelzCrusher Ensign Newbie

Yeah I really hope that she makes her way back in this series, because she was always my favorite and I think her and Picard deserve better. I couldn’t deal with the fact if she died.

16. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

Based from watching 'Remembrance,'
    I don't think Beverly and Picard ever tying the knot. Picard seems to have stayed unmarried after he left Starfleet and retired to his vineyard.

Picard hasn't spoken about other TNG crew members other than Data so far. We'll see if he will discuss about Beverly and other TNG crew members when he reunites with Riker and Troi...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2020
  17. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a hashtag on twitter for Beverly and Picard trending hoping the writers of Picard will bring her character back for season 2. I'd like to see her and Jean Luc reunited for a show next season.:bolian::adore::luvlove::angel: If they can bring back Will Riker&Deanna Troi. Certainly they can back other TNG cast members too.Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan it is really neat she's reprising her role again too.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

This thread isn't spoiler-flagged, so any episode-specific discussion needs to be spoiler-coded until the episode is two weeks old.

19. DelzCrusher

DelzCrusher Ensign Newbie

Well I know worf is set to return, and both Michael and Gates both earlier said they weren’t going to be returning, so I mean there is a possibility of her returning

20. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Worf being seen isn't confirmed yet.

Kurtzman simply said it was possible and that IF Worf does show up, he'll pretty much look the same as he did in TNG/DS-9.

The only character confirmation we have gotten Officially so far for Season 2 is Whoopie as Guinan.

We don't even know if RIker & Troi will be back.

Danja likes this.