Where is PU Lorca

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Snarfies, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Snarfies

Snarfies Lieutenant Red Shirt

MU lorca entert the PU but PU Lorca must have entert the MU.
    Will we see PU lorca back. Would be a waste off talent if not.

2. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, the last episode pretty much dismissed him as dead. So you need to decide whether or not they'll pull a twist and have him turn up in the future. My guess is not based on how quickly they brushed past him last episode.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Canonically speaking, we have no idea what happened to Lorca Prime. We don't know which universe he's in, or whether he's even still alive.

In the novels, however...

...we learn that he is indeed alive, is stranded in the mirror universe, and is being held prisoner by Terrans.

4. Snarfies

This is said in an interview with Jason Isaacs:
    It’s never quite made clear, I don’t think, exactly what was going on with Prime Lorca, who we assume he switched places with …

There was a Prime Locra, he was captain of the Buran in the Prime world. He swapped with him and found himself captain of the Buran. This never came out, this backstory detail we never put in the dialogue: Lorca spins this story having had to sacrifice the men on Buran and had to blow them up to save them from Klingon torture. Actually, if I remember correctly, there was some kind of DNA identification that would have exposed Lorca as not being Prime Lorca, and so he blew up the ship and killed everyone on it.

But what happened to Prime Lorca is now an open question …
    It is.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  5. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He's very much alive, surgically altered to look like a Klingon and goes by the name "L'Rell".

Rhodan, Nyotarules and Snarfies like this.
  6. Mr. Laser Beam

I can totally believe that MU Lorca deliberately destroyed the Buran to prevent word getting out about his mirrorness. That's definitely within his wheelhouse.

I mean, the Buran crew obviously couldn't know about the MU itself, so they wouldn't think to scan him, but they'd definitely be suspicious about his Imperial uniform.

7. Snarfies

I gave it a 60/40 change he will come back.

8. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Given that Mirror Lorca specifically stated the Buran was hit by an ion storm when he tried to beam back on board, it's very probable that they did switch places and Prime Lorca's in the Mirror Universe if he's alive (or he died there). If there are more Mirror episodes in the works for Season 2, it's more than likely we'll find out about his fate or even meet him again. It would definitely be interesting to see him escape and try to find a way back home - a bit like a mirror of what Mirror Lorca did in our universe.

Snarfies likes this.
  9. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Lorca's in Majorca eating tuercas.

Mad Jack Wolfe likes this.
  11. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Lorca is on Mirror Wrigley's pleasure planet running a brothel in disguise as a Madam.

Snarfies and Spot261 like this.
  12. Mr. Laser Beam

If Regulorca* survives and makes it back to the prime universe, I wonder if he'll run into the kinds of problems that, say, Ash Tyler is going through right now.

Ash is being blamed for acts he committed while Voq was in control of the body. WIll Regulorca be blamed for the actions of his mirror counterpart? I can see that happening. Especially since Starfleet is classifying and burying all records of the mirror universe's existence.

* Don't thank me, thank @King Daniel Beyond who came up with that word, although I'm totally stealing it :rommie:

Spot261 and F. King Daniel like this.
  13. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unless he was in the habit of dressing in a worn-down leather jacket while on duty, in both universes.

(By "Mirror, Mirror" precedent, the USS Buran would have had to be in an ion storm, too, for the transporter trick to work. Why would the Captain be transporting in an ion storm? Circumstances might be dire, and both gentlemen might in fact end up wearing less than modesty requires, and donning one of 'em sickbay gowns for the first two days of their stay.)

Timo Saloniemi

14. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

I can possibly see "Regulorca" returning somewhere down the line, possibly as a cliffhanger ending for a later season, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

If the season finale resets the timeline, then Regulorca could still be in the prime universe, as the Lorcas didn't swap places until after the war had already started.

16. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Dude's busy

Nyotarules, SJGardner, lawman and 2 others like this.
  17. Rhodan

Rhodan Commander Red Shirt

I hadn´t a chance to read the novles yet, but this sounds like some heavy potential backdoor for the writers, which seemingly goes significantly against the facts from the show.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

In what way? Regulorca has never appeared on the show, so if the novels feature him, they're not contradicting anything.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Better keep Cornwell away from there...

20. Rhodan

Rhodan Commander Red Shirt

Sorry, as I said I don´t have a book. But from the show TE, at least officially, haven´t arrest any version of Lorca. If they had, that would logically change a lot, unless it´s some group that is somehow totally outside of Emperor´s jurisdiction. Prove me wrong.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018