Where's [insert character or ship name here]?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Lorcan Kelly, Oct 6, 2019.

?

Which hero ship would you most like to see in Picard?

1. Enterprise (specify registry)

41 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. Voyager

17 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. Defiant

24 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Discovery

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Other (please specify)

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Whil Wheaton might return as long as the role isn't simply a cameo just to say "Hey, remember me?" before walking off screen after 10 seconds.

Remember, the cast and crew weren't the reason he left TNG. It was because Rick Berman tried to screw him over and ruin his career. Wil loves everyone else and Rick Berman is not involved.

2. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. My guess is she died as well.

3. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only interesting thing they could do with Wesley is if they revealed that Jean Luc was his real father all along.

But it's completely implausible that sort of thing could be hidden with 24th century technology anyway.

F. King Daniel and Crewman6 like this.
  4. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Its possible, WC can tamper with the results, he is a genius.

5. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Former Regulars:
    [ x ] Picard
    [ x ] Data
    [ x ] Troiker
    [ _ ] Beverly
    [ _ ] Geordi
    [ _ ] Worf
    [ x ] Other: Seven

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Richard S. Ta likes this.
  6. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe you meant easy paycheck or that he would return for free. The former is much more likely to happen than the latter (SGA would have something to say about it)

7. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, both. Hence the hybrid expression.

ITDUDE likes this.
  8. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, but Beverly could have known and kept it secret. Highly unlikely Picard was running secret DNA tests on Wesley in his spare time.

9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Wil Wheaton does not need money. Or at the least, does not need to do cameos for some extra spending cash.

As for Beverly, she and her relationship with Picard had been pretty much axed from the start of Star Trek: Generations onwards.

Anna Yolei likes this.
  10. eschaton

I presume it's just a normal thing in the 24th century that newborn babies have their DNA analyzed upon birth (hell, even prior to it) and Beverly wasn't high enough up to keep this stuff under wraps when she was in her 20s. Wesley was alive for like five years prior to Jack dying, so if Wesley was not his "real son" he would have found out well before his death.

Maybe Beverly somehow used a DNA virus to replace Jean Luc's genetic contribution with Jack's? That would add a level of poignancy - that Wesley could have been Jean Luc's biological offspring, but Beverly's guilt and worry about being caught basically overwrote that.

11. Crewman6

"high enough up"? She was the mother and a doctor. And one would assume there is still doctor-patient confidentiality in the future so future ob-gyns are going to eagerly rush out and plaster private information all over the future internet.

And, what, they just routinely test DNA and run it through a massive database of everyone in the Federation to verify paternity?

I don't think so.

12. eschaton

She's not going to be her own ob-gyn is she?

Genetic counseling is already becoming a normal part of pregnancy for parents, and it should be completely normal by the 24th century, meaning Beverly and Jack's DNA should be on file. This in turn means that her doctor should know if Jack is or is not the father. Whether or not the doctor has a responsibility to tell Jack that is an open question - I dunno how Federation law works. But I think it would be hard to keep this from Jack.

13. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Jack is not the Patient.
    He doesn't get Jack-chit (pun intended) from Any Medical Professional unless Beverly (the Patient) OK's it.

That is how the Law in most US states deal with it now.

14. Crewman6

Sure. And that information would remain confidential. Even IF Jack was informed, that wouldn't mean they would necessarily tell Jean-Luc. They could have just raised Wesley while keeping that secret.

And, in the future, I could totally see how you could be your own ob-gyn. You just need a tricorder and an exocomp and delivering a baby is as easy as putting on a bandaid. :D

15. eschaton

How many times in Star Trek have we seen the Captain come into sick bay and have the CMO just casually tell him/her about details of the patient's DNA?

Just sayin.

But you're right - maybe Jack knew, and just said nothing.

16. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

I also find it implausible because everything Picard said in TNG indicated that he had never let himself even consider anything romantic or sexual with his best friend's wife, so where are we getting the idea that they were lovers?

In "Attached," Beverly is totally blown away to learn that Picard ever had romantic feelings for her.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Shaka Zulu and WebLurker like this.
  17. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just wanted Jean-Luc & Beverly to actually get married, but never get divorced and have another kid.

Why can't those two love birds have a happy ending?

18. eschaton

How many couples in Trek actually have happy endings?

I guess Riker and Troi now have canonically gotten one. Paris and Torres perhaps if they're still together. Maybe Julian and Ezri? If you really wanted to stretch things maybe the O'Briens, but neither of them seemed particularly happy in their marriage - although it was functional.

Generally though, Trek characters leave a trail of broken relationships behind them.

Anna Yolei likes this.
  19. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nonsense.

Her most memorable episodes were "Remember Me" and "Attached", at least for me. Remember Me overall and Attached with regard to Picard.

Agree that the character was underdeveloped, but still has one of the closest relationships with Picard, along with Guinan & Data.

Vasquez Rocks likes this.
  20. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And that's why I wanted a happy ending for them =D