Where did they go?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Grant, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

In Star Trek 3 after Kirk and the crew give their little toast Sarek comes to the door and Kirk says "if you'll excuse us" -- and the other three walk off in another Direction -- not toward the door. Where'd they go? Kirk lives alone and we see his foyer his den with fireplace and his living room with the panoramic window. So that leaves his bedroom and the kitchen and a bathroom. Then while Kirk and sarek are having this really touching intimate dramatic mind-meld they're in the kitchen? Raiding his refrigerator? Looking for wodka? I can imagine somebody with a glass held up to the wall trying to hear what sarek and Kirk were saying. If it was Star Trek V and Scotty were among them perhaps we find Uhura and mr. Scott in the bedroom! :luvlove::confused:

Spectre Of The Fun likes this.
  2. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably just beamed back home.

Or hit a bar.

somebuddyX likes this.
  3. Spectre Of The Fun

Spectre Of The Fun Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah they probably went to a bar and griped about the lousy treatment from Starfleet Command and tightwad by the book jerks like "Swagger Stick" Styles and J.T. Esteban seeming to be the new command model.

Watched "Aquiel" today and wondered where do you allow your dog to do its business if you live on or are posted on a space station? Is there a small holodeck you can use to conjure up a nice park or backyard?

If you watch these episodes and movies too much you will start to examine the minor details more than is healthy.

A lot of people still can't work enough or see friends and family because of Covid 19 so these things will happen to people. At least it may be happening to me.

trekshark and somebuddyX like this.
  4. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They went to the Sex Dungeon.

5. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

They binge-watched the hottest new show of 2285.

Qonundrum likes this.
  6. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Whatever the equivalent of "Netflix and chill" is in the 23rd century.

Lord Garth likes this.
  7. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

....It's pretty cool how Kirk's flat has this diamond thing going. The floor plan is a square with the scenic round alcove at one tip; the prominent shelf is another square on its tip. Sorta like the IDIC symbol done square. It'd be a shame to break the symmetry with plot-necessitated rooms. Perhaps the rest of the crew just excused the duo by staring at the back wall for twenty-two minutes?

As for "Aquiel", every passenger ship I've been on has had a sandbox for the four-legged self-loading cargo, often with nice fake grass all around, sometimes complete with garden gnomes. I can only trust Starfleet to do better.

Timo Saloniemi

Search4 likes this.
  8. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They were never actually there. Every movie after the second was all a grief fueled delusion. Kirk is living at the Federation Funny Farm.

Pauln6 likes this.
  9. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Where did you think Captain Tryla Scott ("Conspiracy", TNG) came from?

Imaus likes this.
  10. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if her middle name was
    "la-la-boom-de-a?"

11. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do you recall which direction they went, was it away from the windows?

Kirk's apartment might have a second door to the hallway from the kitchen, the first room with the fireplace only had a couple of chairs, there could have been a another entertaining room with couches, multiple chairs, a wall display. I can easily imagine Kirk occasionally having large parties with dozens of people spread out through a large apartment.

[​IMG]
    spinner app online

Galileo7 likes this.
  12. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They all went into the next room and comically pressed their ears up against the door to hear, a few using their glasses to amplify the sound. What we don't see is Sarek leaving, Kirk opening the door, and all of them tumbling out of the room trying to act casual as if they weren't spying.

13. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Yes because basically they are treated like the help they can leave through the kitchen door or the back door they can't leave through the much closer front door. What would the neighbors think

14. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, we got it all wrong. The Grand Hall, the floating patio and the transporter alcoves are in the direction the rest of the crew took. It's Sarek who crawled in through the servants' tube because he was on clandestine business. (And McCoy took the same route because he was carrying contraband.)

Timo Saloniemi

15. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

at

:rofl::rofl:

Pauln6 and Lord Garth like this.
  16. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

went to the den for a game of dom jot i mean bumper pool

Pauln6 and Lord Garth like this.