Where are my glasses?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by K'Ehleyr, Dec 6, 2008.

1. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr Commodore Commodore

At the grand old age of ..... I knew I would need glasses at some point but I never thought I'd fall for the 'where are they?' and yes they're on my head. Oh my gosh am I heading towards dementia already or is it the glasses trick that make you think you are?

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Put them on a chain to hang round your neck and you'll never lose them. Plus you'll instantly get that sexy Librarian vibe going... :D

3. ria 75

ria 75 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My garden, on the other side of the frog pond
    Every now and then, when I got to bed, I touch my face to make sure I took them off. Because sometimes I forget. Or I wear them into the shower. Or I put them on while wearing contacts...

4. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

on a horizontal surface in the last place you'll look.

5. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Mmm... sexy librarians...

Er...

Perhaps I've said too much.

6. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm very nearsighted so if I misplace my glasses I have to feel for them :lol:

7. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm fairly near sighted, but I haven't done this yet. Oh well, plenty of time yet;)

8. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I never have to feel if I'm still wearing them. With my vision it is immediately obvious that my glasses aren't on my face. Either that or I have once more fallen asleep in a jell-o mold.

J.

9. Cayla

Cayla Admiral Admiral

I have done each of these at least once. I have also, on several occasions, got into my car to go to work, and wonder what is wrong with my car windows, only to realize it's because I forgot my glasses.

10. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

I too have done all of these.

It is a bit unfair that I am now at the point of needing my glasses to find my glasses though.

11. little_chris

little_chris Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dont put them on your head, believe it or not your hair can scratch your lenses over time. :D

12. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Most of the time I'm the same - but my night sight is really bad even if I'm wearing the glasses so I never expect to see very well until I switch the lights on. I can be nearly ready to go out and suddenly realise that my eyesight hasn't got better even with the lights!

Yeah, it takes me a whlie to wake up in the mornings... :rolleyes:

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Not sure where your glasses are but it's nice to see you. :)

/TrekBBS groans collectively...

14. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Rycher (I can't do the umlaut y thing), I replied to your post just to acknowledge another Pink Floyd fan.

I only need reading glasses and I have 4 pair in strategic locations around the house plus on in my car, one in a backpack I use as a computer bag and one in my office. One pair is on a chain for use when leaving the house in a pocket-less shirt. It is a bitch not being able to read a restaurant menu!

*The lunatics are in my head.*

15. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm terribly nearsighted, and I've worn glasses since I was in grade four. I sometimes have to rummage around for them, in the morning, if I put them in an unusual place before I went to bed. But I never forget that I have them on.

16. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I keep my classes in a pocket of my backpack. Only place I need them is during lecture, to read at a distance.

Well, technically the DMV says I need them while driving. But I disagree. Aside from tiny street signs I'm just fine without them on the road.....

Couldn't imagine using contacts, that just seems uncomfortable.

17. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Me too! A few times, I've given up and put my contacts back in after taking them out for the night just to find my glasses. :mad:

18. K'Ehleyr

Hi all, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has problems...
    So; Holdfast, do I get to let my hair down and shake my head too?:)
    Rycher, That's why I keep them on my head I s'pose.
    Little Chris, Yeah I know, bad plan with the scratches etc, I'll have to condition more!
    Hermoid, you remembered me? I'm flattered:) And glad to be back.
    Maybe we could invent small GPS system and never have to worry. Or that device they used to have on keys that beeped when you whistled, or am I just making that up?

19. K'Ehleyr

Oh my gosh, you do that too? :lol:

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

This year was the first time I spent a good ten minutes searching for my reading glasses...only to discover they were on my HEAD. :lol:

I frequently push them up on my head, like sunglasses, because they are really only good for reading. But this was the first time I actually forgot they were there.