What's the deal with Voyager DVDs being rereleased 1/29?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by DostoyevskyClone, Jan 26, 2008.

1. DostoyevskyClone

DostoyevskyClone Captain Captain

I was looking at DeepDiscount.com and was about to pick up season 3 of a little over $50 - then noticed it's not being released until the 29th of January. Do any of you guys know if these season sets are going to be repackaged differently than the ones currently available? Any info would be much appreciated - thanks!

2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: What's the deal with Voyager DVD's being rereleased 1/29

I couldn't find anything about a re-release of it but I did find season 3 can go for as much as $117 which makes finding it new for $50 seem a very good deal.

3. Cpt_Nick_Stone

Cpt_Nick_Stone Ensign Red Shirt

They brought them out in "slimline" edition in Region 2 back in September sometime. Perhaps they're doing the same in the US?

4. syc

syc Captain Captain

^^ Yeah whats up with that $117 - $150 dollar price tag with these stupid things? I picked up Enterprise season 1 on DVD a few years back, when it came out, then I lent it to a friend... bad idea. But I digress, Seasons of Stargate SG-1 and Family Guy as well as a lot of other shows, go for like $40 bucks! What gives!? :censored:

5. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

Paramount milking the cash cow. That's all. The prices will eventually come down to a more reasonable level which is when I will buy them.

6. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you check out Amazon, they're selling TNG and DS9 for much cheaper than they were originally ($65 vs. over $100). They haven't dropped the prices for VOY or ENT. I'm not really interested in shelling out money to own any of VOY or ENT, but those crazy prices are just silly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount re-released the Trek series in slim sets with new packaging and cheaper prices. Nearly everyone else has started doing that. Besides, Paramount has released all iterations of Trek that they have. They need something to generate money.

7. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

That's what the fan collectives & new movie are for.

:lol:

8. brcarthey

brcarthey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

amazon.com and B&N have both dropped the prices of the each season of VOY and of the entire set.