What's next?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by ChallengerHK, May 27, 2020.

?

Which of the following would you be most interested in watching?

1. The Kirk and Spock Variety Hour - singing, dancing, comedy...and a little old-fashioned exploration

26.7%
  2. Smoothface and Bigears - Odo and Quark join forces to solve mysteries on Deep Space Nine

23.3%
  3. That's My Vulcan - a 50s sitccom following Sarek, Amanda, and their precocious son Spock

26.7%
  4. Scooby Doo & the Haunted Starship - the Klingons will get away with it if not for those darn cadets

20.0%
  5. A new season of Enterprise – the last episode was “just a dream”

43.3%
  6. Discovery Season 4 – Discovery jumps forward 10,000 years and encounters the 37th USS Enterprise

6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChallengerHK

ChallengerHK Captain Captain

This started out as a comment I made in another thread, wherein I expressed dissatisfaction with the directions in which Trek is heading. Run with it :guffaw:

Neopeius and Qonundrum like this.
  2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely Smoothface and ENT S5. Those could blow all the other shows out of the sky, except PIC.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

More Vulcans is always better.

4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

The Kirk and Spock Variety Hour

They're going to get back at Laugh-In.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd definitely watch a show about Sarek Family Drama™set during the flashbacks in Discovery. Michael trying to fit in, Spock being adorable and teenage rebel Sybok causing chaos.

ChallengerHK likes this.
  6. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Only if it's written by XCV 330.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

ChallengerHK likes this.
  8. ChallengerHK

Eerily similar. As I read it XCV's version is more of a 80s drama-dy, but still, the more the merrier.

9. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL!

And the Bradys!

10. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

I expected to just write a satirical joke answer, but I'll have to admit Smoothface and Bigears legitimately got me intrigued. Make it a gritty noir series set during the Occupation like Necessary Evil and I'd watch the hell out of it.

11. ChallengerHK

Most days I think just about any idea could be done well or poorly. Maybe not the Kirk and Spock Variety Hour, but most :-) I was excited about Discovery because I thought it sounded like a good idea. I was excited about Picard because I thought it sounded like a good idea. It's the implementation of the idea that makes it good or bad.

That said, I don't think there's enough money to pay me to watch the Rick and Morty thing.

12. Hofner

Hofner Commodore Commodore

If I may suggest another TV series...

Star Trek: The Odd Couple

Fastidious Mr. Spock is forced to share a double stateroom with slob Dr. McCoy.

Robert

13. ChallengerHK

On Stardate 1313.8, Leonard McCoy was asked to leave his place of residence. With nowhere else to go he appeared at the quarters of his friend Mr. Spock. Several years earlier, Spock's wife had divorced him during the Koon-ut-kal-if-fee, claiming the he, also, was an unfit mate. Can two divorced men share quarters with driving each other out of Star Fleet?

Lokiberry likes this.
  14. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's My Vulcan has the opportunity for the classic sitcom "very special episodes" built right in: inter-species couple, anti-bullying, arranged marriage, half brother moves away, pet dies, foster sister moves in, the dyslexia type condition they say Spock had...

ChallengerHK likes this.
  15. KepperC

KepperC Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

A Scooby Doo crossover isn't the most unlikely idea. I'm surprised there hasn't been one already.

ChallengerHK likes this.
  16. ChallengerHK

One reason I put this here is that I'm largely very unimpressed by most of what's come out in the last 10 years. TPTB seem to be just throwing stuff against the wall to see if anything sticks, in much the same fashion as the DC films. I'm hoping against hope that TPTB will see the list and say "Well hell, we can't use those ideas. Somebody's already written them up."

Baring that, if they come to me and give me a developer's credit, that may be the best I can hope for :)

17. ChallengerHK

I didn't think of it until after I posted, but it would be a great bit if there was a new sibling every week.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  18. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

List of Spock's siblings:
    1. Older half-brother Sybok, a rebel Vulcan who engages in emotion
    2. Adopted sister Michael, a human girl living like Vulcans
    3. Cousin Sestak, goofy guy from another planet. Also a Romulan spy.
    4. Family friend Selek. Actually Spock from the future again.
    5. V'Daisy. A Bolian exchange student who Spock gets a crush on. She's kicked out when she makes a mess of the bathroom.
    6. T'Pring. Spock's future wife, who stays with them for awhile. Vulcans are creepy.
    7. Stonn. T'Pring's friend. He's always there.
    8. Jimmy. Some foster kid from the failed Tarsus IV Colony. Spock barely remembers him.
    9. Dick Grayson, Amanda's son from a prior marriage. He protects the Vulcan village of Bludhaven from the worst criminal elements as Nightwing.
    10. Koloth, another foreign exchange student who teaches the impressionable Spock about heavy metal music.
    11. q, the son of Q, who he drops off and makes everyone believe was always there.
    12. I-Chaya, Spock's pet sehlat, who is an essential member of the family.

Lokiberry and ChallengerHK like this.
  19. ChallengerHK

That's a season of siblings right there.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  20. ChallengerHK

I want to see V'Daisy wearing Daisy Dukes. Maybe a spin off with her, Spock and Stonn, flyiing around in a bright orange spaceship. "Just two good ol' Vulcans..."

Tim Thomason likes this.