What'll they do when your dead?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sephiroth, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

do you have a last will, burial, cremation? Me? in all seriousness, use my flesh to bind a copy of Harry Potter, creamate, and keep me on the mantle with my sword & rifle

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
  2. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Re: What'll they do hen your dead?

I'm going to wander off into the wilderness to die alone, or perhaps in the company of a large grizzly bear whom I will challenge to a battle for supremacy.

In either case, I suspect "they" will all breathe a lot easier knowing that I'm gone. But that's the thing about wandering off into the wild to die - since there isn't a corpse, no one ever really knows for sure.

3. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I have a will. I'm gonna be cremated. Not sure where I want my ashes scattered.

Always wanted to go to Antarctica. :)

4. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping to be fed to a tiger.

What? At least it'll be different.

5. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You'll all know because they'll say on the news there wasn't enough of the body left to make a proper identification.

6. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I want to be cremated but without any sort of ceremony. I don't want a bunch of people who don't really care about me turning up on the day.

My sons can then scatter my ashes at a nearby beach which has a beautiful view of the mountain I love so much. If my best friends are still alive they can accompany my sons and say goodbye then. Maybe they could all have a picnic at the said beach after they scatter my ashes.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Realistically, I suppose, I'll be cremated and my ashes scattered in the woods. What I'd really like to do when my time comes (which it never will) is disappear into the wilderness like a cat and never be found. Becoming the stuff of legend in the process, of course. :cool:

8. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I could never just walk into the bush and hope I was never found. For a start I wouldn't want the cost of a search wasted on me. Also one of my grandmother's brothers disappeared and his mother and his sisters, worried about what became of him for the rest of their lives. That was about 50 years of heartache for my grandmother.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ You take all the Romance out of it. :rommie:

Think of President Sheridan in Babylon 5; or Captain Blaisdell in Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. :cool:

10. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I'm a young person, and I don't think it much, though I woukd prefer cremation. I don't have religious beliefs that require it, and I'd hate to take up real estate or be a creepy skeleton years later.

As for the ashes, I'll leave them in the care of the wife assuming she's around by that point. Couldn't be in better hands........is that sweet or depressing/morbid? :lol:

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to donate myself to medical science as opposed to gay-assed spreading my ashes somewhere nice bollocks.

12. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When I die, it'll be heroic/awesome/explosion-y enough that there won't be a body left for them to cremate/bury/steal organs from without my permission.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

:wtf:

I just hope that, if I die suddenly or something, that someone finds me before I start to smell too bad.

14. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

15. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I want my body to be cremated after they place my brain into cryonic suspension for 20,000 years.:techman:

16. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Oh please, spare us your deviant furry fantasies! :rolleyes: (;))

As for me ... I plan to live forever. :D

17. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Buried face down so that people have a place to park their bicycles.

18. TwoTailedFox

TwoTailedFox Ensign Red Shirt

Donated to medical science.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a worthwhile goal, but I would be just a wee bit creeped out knowing that my body would be sitting around in a lab being poked and prodded by med students. And what do they do with the bodies after they're done? Throw them away? :eek: I mean, does your family get to bury you after all that?

Me, I plan on being cremated after I die. I think I'll have my ashes scattered in my favorite vacation city - New York. (Yankee Stadium probably wouldn't allow it. :lol: )

20. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

They shall rejoice!