What would you use the holodeck for?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by CaptainTroi, Nov 13, 2014.

?

Would you use the holodeck for sexual purposes?

1. Yes

67.9%
  2. Probably not

32.1%
  1. CaptainTroi

CaptainTroi Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

On the USS Enterprise and USS Voyager we saw the Holodeck as a sophisticated suite that utilized holographic projections, photons and forefields to simulate apparently almost anything.

1. What would you use the holodeck for?
    2. Could it be used for sexual purposes/orgies?

It seemed that it could be used for recreation, official business, parties and research simulations.

We saw Riker suggest (2) in TNG: The Perfect Mate. Frankly, I'm surprised that anyone having just visited Counsellor Troi, didn't immediately go to the holodeck afterward to meet her again!

Thoughts? Would you use it to make out with your crush? The possibilities seem endless! Was this encouraged on starships?

2. CaptainTroi

Wait.. could you actually have a simulation with two Deanna Troi's dressed in Orion slave girl outfits?

Phoenix219 likes this.
  3. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I predict a long and healthy life for this thread.

4. CaptainTroi

Yes indeed!

Seriously though... imagine the possibilities!

5. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Not sure if this thread will get locked or not....but yes, I'd probably use it for carnal desires. That, and do a great deal of deep sea fishing, visit places I've never been to, partake in a bunch of historical events, and do about another thousand things I could come up with. Lots of things to keep a potentially boring deep space posting interesting.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The enlightened humans of the 24th century would never use the holodeck for that sort of uncivilized use. Or so we were led to believe in TNG seasons 1 & 2.

8. CaptainTroi

Yes agreed. It would be awesome - exploring space in real life and total recreation when off duty on the holodeck.

I too would do something peaceful or perhaps have a candlelit date in the moonlight of a distant world with a hot girl on the crew.

Yeah, tbh it would great for stress relief. Pretty sure if I was horny, the Deanna Troi program would be very very relaxing!

9. CaptainTroi

So funny!

I think the Commander agreed to our proposal to have a separate holosuite dedicated for stress relief.

10. CaptainTroi

ha indeed.

Having said that, lots of people walking around on the same deck as the holodeck seemed to have smiles on their face...

11. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Eh. Maybe I would have used it that way when I was a teenager.

Mostly I would use it for games.

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

This. I'm fairly content with real women now.

Armus likes this.
  13. Zek

Zek Lieutenant Red Shirt

I suppose I'd use it for sexual fantasies at some point but first I'd wanna see places on Earth I'll probably not get a chance to see like the old city of Sana'a, Petra in Jordan, the Golden Temple of Amritsar, or the steppes of Mongolia. Just imagine the beautiful scenes and spots you could just look at!

14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I don't see why it has to be an either/or situation. Yes, I would definitely use it for sexual purposes...but that doesn't mean I'd only be using holo-partners. You could use the holodeck to have sex with your real flesh-and-blood partner in all kinds of places you couldn't otherwise visit. If you always wanted to "do it outside" but were shy? Perfect. ;)

15. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Which leads to an even more important question:

Who cleans up the holodeck? :vulcan:

16. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

The Roomba will have been upgraded by then.:lol:

FreddyE likes this.
  17. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Sticky holodeck does not sound good to me. Imagine Quarks holosuites. Yucky! Damn good think that ship is self cleaning. Roomba indeed.

But, I have to say, if I actually had a holodeck, well I hope I'm not the only one that's ever played role playing games here, I'm thinking about what you could do with D & D in there. Pendragon, Marvel Super Heroes, and Star Frontiers, well, not Star Frontiers anymore, just look out the window if it's 24th century and I'm on a ship. One I never played is Call of Cthulu, I'd love that. And that's really, in a way, what Picard was doing with his Dixon Hill, right? What if the story called for Dix to get laid? It's not like it's the sole purpose of the story, but it could happen. So a long rambling probably not but maybe from me.

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

There is no clean-up needed. Replicator tech removes matter as easily as it makes it.

So when you eat replicated food at Quark's, you're technically eating...

19. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

They threw all that out when a couple of Vulcans Ponfarred all over some holograms in Voyager.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think I'd use the holodeck for sex. I'm into reality, not casual encounters.