What would you like to see in a new StarGate series?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by valkyrie013, Jul 26, 2021.

1. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi all!
    With the rumblings these past couple years about a possible continuation, not really helped by Covid, and canada being locked up tighter than a snare drum.
    I'm confidant that a series will materialize soon, hoping in 2022.
    So the questions for this thread, to start,

What kind of format would you like? For the whole 15 years it was a full 20-22 episodes, would a new normal 13 episodes be good to you? Would like the whole 20?

What kind of format in it being more episodic or more serialized? The show had a nice mix where you could watch individual episodes, but were serialized, especially at the end of SG1, and all of Universe.

What kind of tone would you like the series? I personally didn't like Universe's darker tone, and quite after 1 season. I like the upbeat action/comedy route of Sg1 and Atlantis. Everything doesn't need to be sober and serious. It showed that Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c had FUN galivanting around the galaxy. They enjoyed there job.

What kind of ideas would you like to see in a new series? Its been 10 years in real time, so would the Stargate be public knowledge? Asgard beaming, or beaming platforms normal? Earth having colony worlds? What kind of new enemy would you like to see? What reason would the SGC be reconstituted and new teams be sent?

Would you like an animated series or movies that filled in the missing 10 years?

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Given the state the world was left, if they brought it back I’d want to see a more balanced opponent. One that can be defeated with guns and ground tactics like the gu’ald and not super powerful artifacts.

Maybe set up a more B5-like premise. Earth is aware of everything and they’re trying to establish good peaceful relationships with aliens.

ATimson and fireproof78 like this.
  3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Reboot the whole thing, and give it to new people.

OR, continue Stargate Universe, which was WAY ahead of it's time. If it launched now, it would have been huge.

4. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I hope they continue the story set after SG1 and Atlantis.

5. JirinPanthosa

If they did just reboot it, I’d view it as a completely separate franchise and only be interested if they brought a totally new perspective to it. So it’s not just “Reset which Egyptian Gods are still alive and modernize style”.

If they didn’t I’d take just about anything with a good ensemble and more balanced villains.

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Honestly, I wish they would continue on with some of the ideas from the original film if they did a reboot.

But, a continuation where Earth is now a larger power, but are trying to fight off another power that has stepped up in the wake of the Ori defeat, and the Goa'uld vacancy. Something very alien, and possibly a blend of the technological and the biological.

7. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I would prefer a continuation to a reboot. When a show has over a decade of development in it, I think it's a shame to wipe all that out and start over. (BSG was fair game to me because it was only 1 season) However, I would prefer a continuation set far enough ahead so as to be unconstrained by the old show's continuity. Set it 50 or 100 years from now.

8. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

And PLEASE resolve the Destiny story while you're at it!

9. JirinPanthosa

The one thing I wouldn’t want is a continuation where all they do is piss off some new bigger, badder power again and send a new SG1 at them.

10. fireproof78

I think a more equal power, but one that can put Earth on its heels. It's unexpected, and perhaps and amalgamation of replicators, Goa'uld and Asgard tech that a power used to rise up.

11. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One thing I would love more of? . Merchandising!

Never really got much merch off the show. No toys of the team or models of the ships.. Heck id take an overpriced Eaglemoss collection to nuthin!

12. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

It's been a while since they announced the deal, and still haven't actually shown any pictures or specifically announced any models, but Eaglemoss actually does have the Stargate license now.

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

There were action figures of SG-1 and Atlantis characters around 2006-2009 from Diamond Select Toys. I think around 2012-ish there was a Lego-like set of the Daedalus.

14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I mentioned this in another thread here

a female lead with the wit of jack oneill

15. fireproof78

Um, Diamond Select had a great line, but its distribution was not great. I have a Brick Lok (I think that is the brand) Stargate as well.

But, I would love more merchandising.

There was multiple sets and I managed to score a Stargate with a DHD and really good stickers.

16. The Wormhole

Oh, I know, but the Daedalus was the only one I had an interest in and therefore is the only one I now remember.

17. fireproof78

Got it. Yeah, I looked a the Daedalus and it was cool. They pop up from time to time on Ebay, but there seems to more outside of North America for whatever reason.

18. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ideally? A team of heroes exploring the galaxy through a stargate. A continuation not a reboot. Don't contradict the comics. Show the fate of the characters in Stargate Universe. Maybe even some teases for Stargate Infinity developments toward the end.

19. fireproof78

Best-Lock is the brand, for anyone interested. Link to an Ebay search for those wanting to see what it was like. I can take pictures of my gate too. The quality is lesser compared to Lego or Mega Construx but the Stargate is too cool.

But, I would 1000% be behind more merchandising.

The Wormhole likes this.
  20. The Wormhole

You should know damn well that's not going to happen. No one involved with the show was involved in the comics, and regardless, no one in their right mind would limit the story potential by making it consistent with tie-in material. It is confirmed fact that only 1% of Star Trek and Star Wars fandom bothers with the tie-in material of those franchises, Stargate fandom is only a fraction of the size of Trek/Wars fandom.

Besides, the Stargate comics were awful.
    That's even less likelier to happen than being consistent with the comics. The SG-1 producers trashed Infinity while it was on the air and branded it non-canon. There's no way a revival is going to acknowledge it at all.

And Infinity was also awful.

fireproof78 likes this.