What would you like to see? (About a possible series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Jamee999, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Jamee999

Jamee999 Commander Red Shirt

I have ideas flowing around my brain for a series immediately post-Enterprise Season 4 (not the TATV bit, which we'll ignore from here on in). But I'm not too sure on some of the smaller details.

So, just answer as to what you'd like to read about.

2. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking foreward to reading it. Good luck.

3. DavidFalkayn

DavidFalkayn Commodore Commodore

If I might...I would suggest that you not try to write a series based on 'audience demand'. Rather, write what you want to write. Write what interests you, don't worry about us. Personally, I love the idea of a series set in the immediate aftermath of the Enterprise series--it's a period that doesn't see a whole lot of attention here and it could be a very fruitful one for you--if that's what you want to do. If you want to write new aliens--write new aliens; if you want romance--put in romance; if you want a large cast--then fill it up! If, on the other hand, you want to keep the cast small--then do that. If you like Vulcans--write Vulcans. Don't worry about what we might like or dislike--it's your story. If you write just to please others, then there's a good chance you're not going to please yourself; but if you write the stories you find interesting and want to write, then you're going to be enthusiastic about writing them and presenting them to us and we'll catch that enthusiasm.

Follow your own course and remember, "Damn the photon torpedoes, Full Speed Ahead!"

4. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Ditto to everything DavidFalkayn said.

Even so, I voted anyway.

5. Dulak

Dulak Commander Red Shirt

I agree with the above comments. Kind of having someone ask you what you want for your birthday and getting only that. I think most people would rather be surprised by a well thought out gift that they didn't pick.

Have fun with it, and we'll be along with the ride.

6. TheLoneRedshirt

TheLoneRedshirt Commodore Commodore

I completed your survey and really like the idea of a post-Enterprise story line. But I will add my voice to the chorus - do what you want with your story, your characters, and whether or not to add ENT characters. If you put your heart, imagination and passion into it, that's what counts.

I'm looking forward to you beginning the series! :)

7. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

8. Vulcanian

Vulcanian Commander Red Shirt

The next series should be in the 25th Century, a new idea to attract more viewers like TNG did and a ground breaking Captain.

:vulcan: