What Specifically Do You Hope to See in Picard Continuity-Wise?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by cooleddie74, Nov 26, 2019.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    We all know some if not a lot of us are going to be watching for continuity to be honored as closely as possible given that this is set post-NEM and appears to not visually reboot the late 24th century even remotely as much as DSC did the pre-TOS Era of Starfleet. So far it looks like longtime fans are going to be getting lots of loving and faithful nods to previous series and films in the Trek timeline with DS9/VOY-like uniforms, the 2370s-80s commbadge faithfully brought back at least for some scenes and ships like the TOS Era Romulan Bird-of-Prey returning and even having a very strong similarity to the original 1966 Romulan ship model right down to its hull color. Riker, Troi, Seven and Hugh are returning. We even get a hologram of what is likely Picard's late and beloved Enterprise-D at Starfleet Headquarters.

So what would you like to see? What do you want them to show? What will make PIC feel and look more like Roddenberry and Berman Trek to you?

2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm the wrong person to ask as you know, but I'm up, haven't gone to bed yet, and I'm game, so what the heck?

Ummm... TNG Klingons. I'll go with that one. Not that I think we'll see them very much. It's all about the Romulans (who I'm glad don't have the V-shape in the foreheads anymore) and the Borg.

ITDUDE likes this.
  3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not exactly Roddenberry/Berman Trek but some unused 2009 footage of Leonard Nimoy in flashbacks to the Romulan supernova would be cool.

TPezz, Turtletrekker, Search4 and 3 others like this.
  4. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want at least one rendezvous with an unnamed Excelsior class ship and a visit to Norah Satie in the Starfleet Admiral retirement village where she is living as a crazy cat lady.

5. Nenya

Nenya Commander Red Shirt

They can do almost anything continuity wise. They don't have the constraints of being a prequel. The funny thing is that based on the footage I've seen from this show, the technology doesn't seem to be all that different from the Discovery era. It just comes off like generic sci-fi with some Star Trek elements.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some do. You can see them in the first trailer.

Some also appear to have the pronounced brow from ST09, and others just have flat heads. They’re going with variety it seems.

DS9forever likes this.
  7. Lord Garth

I blame my not remembering on a bad case of I was either up way too late at night or way too early in the morning, depending on your point of view, once it it occurred to me the switch-over was happening. I wanted to see it all firsthand. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Tuskin38 likes this.
  8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Watch them say Riker left the Enterprise forever in 2369 and that LaForge is part Andorian, totally mucking up TNG continuity.

picardjean-luc and ITDUDE like this.
  9. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want every second starship we see to be a Galaxy class. After Dominion war they should have plenty of them, and they are primed to replace Excelsior/Miranda ancient double-punch. Backbone of the fleet should be no older than Galaxy class. Throw in some Intrepids and Akiras, and you have a very solid 80% base for Starfleet. The rest of Starfleet could be newer designs (Sovereign and newer).
    Of course, we may not see any Starfleet ships at all, old or new :)

Admiral Archer and CPT Baldwin like this.
  10. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I’m looking forward to seeing the Starfleet vessel types from 2399, and comparing them to the Starfleet vessels of 2256.

picardjean-luc likes this.
  11. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see Avery Brooks guest star in one episode as Benjamin Sisko, long back from the Prophets and living with his family on Bajor. The episode could feature something that involves the Bajoran Wormhole, forcing the Emissary to get involved. It'd be cool to see the Deep Space Nine station again, even if it's just in a passing shot.

Picard and Sisko back on screen together. Two former Starfleet captains working together. Make it so.

12. Lord Garth

It's true. The Galaxy Class is like the 1986 Ford Taurus, which I consider to be the first modern-looking car. So it should be all Galaxy and on. But they have to throw in at least one Excelsior for Old Time's Sake.

Admiral Archer likes this.
  13. Nenya

Nenya Commander Red Shirt

They probably won't look very different. :sigh:

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Surprise me. I'll know it when I see it

Lord Garth likes this.
  15. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I disagree.

You just have to look at the Enterprise-E to see that. Eaves knows how to design ships so they look like they're from different time periods.

16. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

I don't mind if they reboot the whole thing, just to read the threads of rage that will be posted on internet boards... (manic laughter)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  17. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

Tim Thomason likes this.
  18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

For me, yes. I see differences in the DSC ships that distinguish them between ENT and TOS, with a bit of Kelvin thrown in (The USS Kelvin, that is). But, others will not.

19. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And I’ll be here to add fuel to the fire and watch the whole thing burn down! Mwaaahaha ;)

Nyotarules likes this.