What If Doctor Who Became A Saturday Morning Cartoon?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Kelthaz, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just saw this awesome fan made animated opening for a Doctor Who animated series on io9 and I had to share. I could totally see this working.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALcQh2HqKT4[/yt]

2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why doesn't the wall of Doctor portraits include the War Doctor? After all, he is now considered a true Doctor.

4. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Nelvana did some concept work for a Doctor Who cartoon in the 80s, with a Doctor who looked sort of a mix of Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee.

There are of course the Infinite Quest and Dreamland serials as mentioned above, and a lot of fan-made animated stuff such as the OP's example and the anime by Otaking (Who also did a Star Wars clip)

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've just started watching "Gravity Falls" (yeah, I'm late to the game, I know), so this homage could not have come at a better time! :D

A very polished sequence I must add. :techman:

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I like it. :)

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

If they were to do a cartoon, then what would the Doctor look like? Would they base him on a current incumbent, a past incarnation or create a new version, possibly looking like a composite (as per the concept series Doctorwhovian mentioned?

I think the series would lend itself to such a format. But as with, for example, the animated Captain Scarlet from a decade or so ago, you might find that the quality of the animation would outweigh that of the stories and scripts. You wouldn't want to take away from the main series by giving this one the best scripts, though it would be a good way of airing stories which were too expensive to realise in live-action.

8. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

I'd like to see the missing serials all episodes done in animation.. like the classics.
    http://youtu.be/hXvk8HbYQL0

http://youtu.be/wASEpjDsLGo

reminds me of the old Fleischer Superman series. I would love a Doctor Who Animated collection, which is based on either classic stories missing, or maybe even some of the greatest audio dramas. Like those links

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The art looked too much like Penny Arcade for my taste. Not a fan of that style.

10. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would depend on the rating/level of maturity. TV-Youth wouldn't cut it for me personally, however I wouldn't be above watching it with Grand-kids of that age.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I actually liked Dreamland quite a bit, The Infinite Quest, not quite as much.

Scream of The Shalka, I thought was pretty great too.

12. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The creator of this title sequence has to be thrilled. About 10 to 15 seconds of it were featured on the "World Conquest" special that aired last night on BBC America. The discussion was fan endeavor. This along with the poetic "rain sequence" and Hillywood's take upon Rocky Horror's "Time Warp" were also shown.

And, if I correctly understood, the fan who created the title sequence with the clockwork motif was hired to help design Capaldi's "official" opening credits!

Sincerely,

Bill