What I think Star Tek XI will be about

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by jhouston6, Aug 14, 2007.

1. jhouston6

jhouston6 Commodore Commodore

Ascasting rumors for Trek XI continue to swirl including
    Amton Yelchin is rumored to be in negotiations to be cast as checkov

I believe that star trk XI will in fact be set as Kirks first command of the Enterprise. I believe the story will begin with Commander Kirk teaching at the academy along with Lieutennt spock. I thnk the movie will begin with an homage to the iopening of TWOK.

2. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

It'll be about two hours ;)

- W -
    * Ducks as heavy objects are TOSsed at him *

3. Fedaykin

Fedaykin Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I may be off on my continuity, but I'm not sure that Kirk taught at the Academy pre-TWOK. I could be wrong though. My guess is some sort of starship based adventure, maybe even with Garth of Izar as some have specualted.

4. scifinut

scifinut Ensign Red Shirt

the begining of the movie will take place sometime in the late 24th early 25th century and spock will be telling a story on how he and kirk first met

5. Stardate

Stardate Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

to boldly go where no movie has gone before.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

At the end there will be a "twist" where we find out the young character stuff was all a movie being filmed about their lives and Spock is the story consultant. :)

7. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're misinterpreting his comment.

FYI, Lieutenant Kirk (who, to hold the rank of Lieutenant, would have to have been out of the Academy by at least six years) did teach at the Academy. I've always assumed that this was while he was fulfilling his "Command School Advanced Course" (civilian equivalent - going back to get a master's degree). It's pretty common for someone in that situation to teach underclassmen.

But the homage to TWOK is something I'm sort of expecting, too... but instead of Lieutenant Saavik (who was in that same situation) sitting in the Captain's chair, taking the Kobayashi Maru test, it'll be Lieutenant Kirk, CHEATING on the Kobayashi Maru test... and pissing off his academic advisor, Lieutenent Spock, in the process. ;)

8. Sec31Mike

Sec31Mike Commander Red Shirt

Kirk did return to teach at the academy as a student teacher in his 4th year at the academy. He had spent 2 years aboard the Farragut in an active duty position.He achieved the acting rank of Lieutenant JG. Upon his graduation, he was officially promoted to Lieutenant.

9. Fedaykin

Fedaykin Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I stand doubly corrected! :)

10. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would be awesome. I can kind of picture it even.

Sharr

11. Balthier the Great

Balthier the Great Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I dunno. I'm kinda hoping for a curveball.

What if the reason that they're talking about the first Kirk and Spock adventure is because Kirk has been cloned -- and the clone has been somehow manipulated into doing something that Spock has to stop.

That would be a good reason for a flashback. Then you could go two ways -- either have only one plot really going on, (and set up a sequel) or have both happen at the same time. Kinda the way Lost works. The back story sets up the real story, so you have two stories ... sorta. One is present day "stop evil kirk" one is the past "I remember before kirk was evil".

I dunno, I'd see that movie. Maybe that would be too much for one movie.

12. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Star Trek?

13. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

*snicker*

14. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

I believe you have described the plot for Nemesis rather succinctly.

15. Lumen

Lumen Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think we'll see anything earth-shattering in a timeframe outside of our young heroes'. It'll doubtlessly resonate, but it won't be epic or tied into previously established 24th century Trek.

16. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I keep saying "this is what SHOULD have happened." You said that stuff as though it's established. Is it? I mean, where are you getting your "facts" (which differ from my logical extrapolations)?

17. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I'd go further to say I seriously doubt it ties into anything previously established in the 23rd century, either. A nice stand alone story. TOS was episodic, after all. Plenty o' gaps.
    Just one thing about the story that I've said before and will say again: it'd be KEWL as hell if old Spock were the true hero in some way. You gotta believe that if old and young Spock are in it, that it's more his story than Kirk's.

18. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

If the story is truly about the forging of the Kirk and Spock friendship, and ends with Old Spock reflecting that it was Jim Kirk who ultimaely taught him the value of being human (and after 40 years of Trek we know this to be true), then it will be Kirk who carries the heart of the film. It will be a Kirk story.

19. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

yay big.

20. Tralah

Tralah Wasting Time Until May 2009 Fleet Captain

Hee! I love the idea of that scene. It's been years since I've seen TWOK, so I hope I'm wrong about this recollection, but didn't Spock ask Kirk how he beat the test? If he did ask him, I don't think they could make the scene work unless they're willing to ignore TWOK, but then that would kind of a lousy way to make a tribute to it.