What did you do/not do this weekend?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kimc, Jul 27, 2009.

1. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

This weekend I went to a tasting of Belgian beers Friday night. Saturday was puppy training/obedience in the morning, yoga in the afternoon and an art show/dinner with friends in the evening. Today I visited a friend's premature twins at the hospital then saw "The Proposal". When I got home I paid bills.

Things I did not get to but wanted to: Shampoo the carpets, clean the car and do the weight circuit at the club today. I think I'm seeing a pattern here - yet another weekend has gone by and I've avoided cleaning. :D

2. Winged Victory

Winged Victory Captain Captain

You're not the only one avoiding cleaning! I meant to tackle the laundry mountain, but I'm a procrastinator at heart. I'll do it tomorrow--along with washing my car.

I did study for some exams I have coming this Tuesday and I also spent a nice evening outside at a friend's barbeque. :bolian:

3. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I did a lot of laundry throughout the weekend. Went for a Starbucks hot chocolate, then played in the fountains in the square with my sister. Walked about 5 miles. Ate a Thai meal. Caught up with family via Facebook and phone. Taught my cousin how to use Torrent. Should have done a few exercises at home, but skipped them. I figured walking almost all the way home with my sister on my shoulders was exercise enough.

I should have mopped the floor with wood polish, but I saved that for later in the week, so add me to those putting off household chores... :lol:

4. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

I worked and painted my kitchen.

5. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Painted the kitchen walls Saturday and I went grocery shopping today and cut the grass.

6. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Went on a couple of dates. Don't think either one will go any further, but the first one was with this gorgeous little Chilean woman. Wish I had a picture just so I could prove I went on a date with her, she was a wee bit out of my league. ;)

7. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Friday night I went to an outdoor production of Hamlet. It was decent, though I have an issue with the performance of Laertes.

Saturday I went sailing.

Today, I did nothing. I should have cleaned and washed the clothes, but I was beat, so that can wait. Pretty decent weekend overall. :techman:

8. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Went to a celebration at the airport.

Flew on a Stinson V-77

Rumploads of fun..then Sunday did laundry, cleaned the house, washed the cars..did the usual chores..and skipped church..

9. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

This weekend was a double church weekend for me, so I got a lot of music accomplished, but the duties did interrupt my ability to get anything sustained.

My recent goal has been to retake our sunroom from our cats. Through some bad choices on our part, that room has sort of been left to them. Lots of fur ... everywhere, as well as the smell of cat. Thanks to the new Pledge fabric sweepers, the fur is gone from the furniture, and the floors are moped/vacuumed, and we're much wiser about litterbox maintenance. Goal accomplished.

Taking my daughter to the fair. Goal accomplished, and I must say being up on the ferris wheel with the whole family was a great experience.

We didn't get to see Public Enemies with my wife's work pals. No sitter available. We didn't get to Borders to get The Stars Blue Yonder (Sorry, Sandra, I know you don't post here, but some of your pals do). We didn't go to Tony Roma's for ribs (which I'm always up for).

I did make two rocking meals this weekend, Spaghetti and Meatballs Friday and Stir Fry tonight.

I didn't grill anything this weekend, and July is national grilling month.

I did post on TrekBBS too much.

I didn't get outside as much as I wanted to.

I did clean up a lot of cat hair.

I didn't talk my wife into letting us get a Roomba.

I did have a dream about owning a wii.

I didn't make any plans to buy one.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I worked. It's what I do every weekend.

11. Vulcan Princess

Vulcan Princess Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Friday night, I spent an hour on the phone with AT&T because when I moved my internet service from my old apartment to my new one, they decided that they needed a delay. They shut off my old service on Friday morning and won't have the new service up until Monday night. :klingon: Thank goodness for neighbors who don't know how to secure their wi-fi. :bolian:

Saturday morning, I took a final exam for my legal ethics class. [insert lawyer joke here] Then on Saturday afternoon, I had a staff meeting for work, and then I had to work the afternoon shift. I was on call for the night shift, but since there were no emergencies, I got a good night's sleep.

This morning, I went to church. When I got home, I unpacked a few more boxes. My apartment is slowly starting to look like a home again. Then I went to choir practice. Now I'm contemplating going to bed since it's almost 10 pm, and I have to be at work at 7:30 tomorrow. However, I'll probably end up staying up for a while since I still have energy.

12. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

This week end I....

1) Took the PAR Private Pilot Airplane written exam. 97%. Which just leaves the practical checkride.....

2) Went to an Indian restaurant for the first time with an Indian girl I know and another friend of hers. Those who've met me will realize that's more of a culinary experiment than I usually go in for, but it was certainly interesting. Found some things I liked which weren't too spicy.

3) Got Civilization 4 in the mail and played all the way to a Domination victory as the Greeks. I had the Romans so outclassed, tech-wise, that they gave me two of their four remaining cities when I asked politely. But then, trying to fend off helicopter gunships with riflemen would put anyone in an accommodating mood....

I didn't get to hang out with another girl I know since she got a high fever, unfortunately.

13. Bears Discover Fire

Bears Discover Fire Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had an unusually productive weekend.

I deep cleaned most of my apartment, ran a bunch of errands, changed the headlights on my car, did 5 loads of laundry, walked over 6 miles on Sunday, made two breakfasts and built a loft bed for a friend.

I didn't clean my bedroom, finish my laundry or wash my car, as I wanted to do.

14. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

We went to the Alberta International Air Show this weekend. Stopped at Vulcan on the way and bought a tribble :) Toured around the Lethbridge area (wind farms and Frank's Slide) and then wen t to the Japanese Garden in the evening before spending $200 at the hotel bar. Saturday we spent all day at the air show andthen went back to the hotel bar for another $200 tab :) Sunday we went for breakfast and then started making our way back home but we went on a scenic route and took a lot of back roads and minor highways before touring around Drumheller for a bit and then headed home. Great Weekend :)

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Took 11 year old nephew to the swimming pool, out to the movies to see Harry Potter, shopping at Fry's, out for fruit smoothies, out to dinner with my Mother-in-law, then to Galveston and the aquarium, grilled some burgers and played Powergrid--and won (of course).

What did I NOT do this weekend? Laundry and sleeping. Two things I desperately need to catch up on.

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, I spent Saturday morning at my Mother's house, as usual, with my Mother, Sister, Niece and Nephew. Had a Chat in the afternoon. Yesterday, I had to do some shopping. I also attempted to retrieve data from my Mother's digital camera, which my Father accidentally erased. Somewhere along the way, I managed to watch Eureka, but I did not get to see Watchmen or Torchwood. I'm not really sure why, but the weekend just sort of went away without me seeming to really do much....

17. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I spent the weekend with family.

18. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

I spent most of Saturday in my basement drywalling (and all the little things that go with it... some electrical work and stud adjustments, etc) after a run to Home Depot where we picked up some sweet paneling for the ceiling we want to put in (no hanging ceiling, thanks :p) Yesterday was hot and muggy. I went in to work for some weekend OT; didn't really do much in the basement because it's just so oppressive down there (even with a fan) in this humidity. I baked a ham and made a potatoes au grotin cassarole :drool::drool::drool: for dinner. Also powdered Shimmy for fleas, poor little dude :lol:

19. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I went to Portland, Maine on Saturday, watched a movie yesterday. We had dinner at a Mexican place with friends Saturday night. Walked the dog a couple times and did laundry.

20. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

Portland, Maine... my old stomping grounds :D Went to Portland High School for the 12th grade back in '75. Many, many summers out on Long Island at my cousin's cottage. Barhopping the Old Port... aaah, what memories ;)