What Changes Would You Have For "The Enemy Within"?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by AC84, Jan 23, 2008.

1. AC84

AC84 Captain Captain

I don't think they did anything at all other than the space shots.

2. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah. No re-fllipping of mirrored shots to keep evil Kirk's scratches consistently on the same cheek?

Timo Saloniemi

3. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Only space scenes, I would think.

4. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would add the following lines to the ep :

"Here's Jimmy who's been most everywhere, from Tau Ceti Three to Kahless Square, but James has only seen the sights a double can see from River Side...what a crazy pair!!! But they're Captains, Identical Captains, and you'll find..."

5. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

^ One pair of matching bookends, different as night & day.

- W -
    * Is it sad that I know the patty duke theme song too ? *

6. Gojirob

Why, you could lose your mind! ;)

7. Woulfe

^ When captains are two of a kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind...

- W -
    * I'm gonna lay down now *

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is what bugs me about the Remastered set, they cost so much more but you really don't get that much difference in every episode.

9. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd argue that. What I like about the remastered discs is not the new effects, which range from bad through very cool, but the better picture and color you get on the other 95% of the episode. Star Trek has never looked better than it does in HD. You can see that in the screen caps on Trekcore.

10. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh yeah, picture quality is great, no doubt about it but, imo, 110% markup over the original release price is unfounded. They didn't do 110% in improvements, imo.

Take the static view of the Ent flying at you, or when leaving orbit at episode ends, it still does that "off kilter" thing; the ship looks, (to me) like it's flying at you slightly sideways. I've always hated that with the original and thought it would be corrected in the Re-mastering but, nope.

11. Gojirob

Maybe someday, ala fan amv's on Youtube, the tech will be in place by which a fan can remaster eps like these w/o going overboard. Just the basics--strings on props, hand-drawn phaser beams, too-obvious body doubles. Then go as-needed. If a matte drawing looks even faker in HD, spruce it up, and in similar situations. But things like Beale and Lokai running past the burning cities sealed the deal, however off they looked.

A Millenium (1999-2004) Godzilla movie showed footage from 1954 with the modern Godzilla gumped in. Works for a single scene, but I wouldn't want to see all of G-1954 redone that way.

12. doctorwho 03

doctorwho 03 Captain Captain

What I hope they fix is the missing arrowhead insignia on both Kirks shirt. It's missing throughout the entire opening teaser and then reappears in act 1. If they can make a Gorn blink, then surely it must be possible to put the insignia back on the shirt.

13. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd replace William Shatner as Evil Kirk with Chris Pine. James Cawley can have a meaningless cameo. ;)

But seriously, I doubt that this is anything more than a space SFX job.

I'm happy with the recent DVD issue, plays well on my HD-DVD. How did the 'remastered' Gojira look?

14. Gojirob

It was intriguing, in a 'Trials And Tribble-ations' kind of way. Cool as a novelty, mainly, but leave a tender classic alone.

If I had the skills, one I'd prolly do is take Ghidorah's entrance from Destroy All Monsters and Gump it in front of the 1701 in space.

If I were to play with TOS, I might want to break up the 'holiday decanter' look of some of the beverage servers we see. But I guess that's how those guys got out of control.

15. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

They need to add the pot of hot coffee being lowered down to sulu. :D

16. Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac Guest

A sign viewed on the shuttlebay doors during a fly-by:"Out of Order"

17. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ :D

A couple of these posted around the inside and outside of the ship should do.

[​IMG]

18. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nah, the sign should read: "Shuttle Bay - Actual Shuttles will be delivered next Tuesday." ;)

19. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    CGI the missing Enterprise arrowheads onto their shirts when they're on the planet. I know they were originally left off so the production crew could mirror-reverse the scenes shot on the tiny planet set to make it look bigger and wider in editing, but that was 41-1/2 years ago. This is now. CGI some delta arrows on those shirts and a few clouds and distant horizons in that background.

20. Woulfe

OH wait this is the other one with a GREAT split-screen shot ? Isn't it ? When Kirk and Kirk are in Sickbay, one's laying on the bed the other's standing by it, holds onto the others hand, how they do that in 1966 anyway on a shoe string budget ? On second thought I don't want to know ;)