What are you PLAYING?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by unimatrix7, Feb 5, 2009.

1. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good golly, I have a few things on the go at the moment.

I've been slaughtering some nazi zombies in Call of Duty: World at War, and occasionally dipping into the execrable (new favourite word) and frustrating, but oddly addictive, multiplayer mode. I've been making my way through the endlessly charming and lovely Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny which, while not as good as its predecessor, is still a great old school RPG for the PS2. I'm also playing Star Ocean: First Departure on my PSP of a night when I can't sleep.

I finally finished Valkyria Chronicles, which is probably the greatest game ever made (SEGA!!). I forced myself to slog through Mirror's Edge, and next week I'll be getting me some Flower action on the PS3. I played the Resident Evil 5 demo and realised that I don't really care about Resident Evil anymore, and I'm about to (as in, in the next few minutes), play the Killzone 2 demo.

So what discs are spinning in your machines?

2. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been playing Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core on my PSP (been doing some traveling lately - that little gizmo is gold during long flights) and just finished Quantum of Solace on my Xbox 360.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm in full Dragon Quest mode.

I've been playing Dragon Quest IV DS the last few weeks up until the release of DQV next week. (Best JRPG ever made, IMHO.) And then there's the big fan translation of DQIII SNES that's in its final stages and should be out in the next couple of weeks.

I also took KOTOR out of mothballs the other day for a change of pace.

4. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

still trying to complete need for speed wanted on the ps3 that and still after all this time trying to complete gta4 not even managed to open the third island yet.
    just completed soul calibur four and am half way through Lego batman and Lego Indy

5. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I'm trying to get through Dead Space. I only have time to play it at night and it is too scary to play at night.

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I've been burning through Call of Duty 4 (finally), and I've decided to finally play through Halo 3 (I've had it for a year and only played it sparingly). Aside from that, Rock Band 2, LEGO Batman and MVP Baseball 2005 are on my usual rotation.

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Team Fortess 2 and little else. When the Scout Update is released, nothing else.

8. Deckard

Deckard Captain Captain

Just finished my second run through on Dead Space (I had started a third but my housemate kindly took it upon himself to unburden me of my saved game file by overwriting it with his save file instead.)

I've just started on Siren: Bood Curse so will be devoting most of my playing time to that next. After that I'll probably start on MGS4 or Valkyria Chronicles.

9. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

With my usual manic obsessive focus: COD5 WAW multiplayer. I'm about to go to third prestige. When the neighbors come over-DCvMK. Until I can chase them away and go back to COD.

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

WoW, Halo 3 and Worms (on XBOX Live...)

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'm a little more than half-way through Lego Indy.

12. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Making my way through Gears of War 2. Some Halo 3 online. A little bit of vanila WoW.

13. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

I just bought a PS3 last week (mostly for the blu-ray player - but also for some of the PS3 exclusives like Killzone 2, MGS4, etc.).

So I'm finishing MGS4 now (brilliant!).

Also just played the Killzone 2 demo, whose visuals are so tight I want to make love to them.

I rented Resistance 2, which I'm COMPLETELY bored with. And the game, frankly, is deeply unimpressive visually - I'm normally not a stickler for polygon count - but it's just strking playing Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 back to back - it looks like they were made 5 years apart!

On Xbox I'm playing CoDWaW

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I was playing LEFT 4 Dead but now like many others I cannot find nor join any online game due to a stupid STEAM Update. Tried a Half-Life 2 Stargate mod called Last Stand but its so unbalanced.

15. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Orange Box and Lego Batman, but I've been home with a bad cold for over a week now, so it's mostly just Rock Band 2 non stop.

16. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well much to my surprise, I"m playing Fallout 3 and have become totally addicted to it. I say surprise because as a rule I really don't care for RPGs. But this one works for me. And how.

17. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

Still playing Warhammer Online and heavily playing the beta of Dawn of War 2. I'm about halfway through Mirror's Edge on PC (which is about 50% brilliant and 50% ridiculously frustrating), I need to go back to it soon.

18. IDIC

IDIC Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

World of Warcraft, Spore, and Fallout 3.

19. Neeka Keet

Neeka Keet Admiral Admiral

Fallout 3 mostly.

20. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

City of Heroes